7 days ago
Job Description - Quality Control Inspector (33816)
Quality Control Inspector - 33816
About Dallas Airmotive
Tracing its origins to 1932 at Dallas Love Field, Dallas Airmotive, a BBA Aviation company, got its start repairing and overhauling aircraft piston engines. Today Dallas Airmotive focuses on servicing turbine engines used by business and general aviation, government, military, airline and rotor wing operators around the world. As a leading independent OEM-authorized turbine engine repair and overhaul organization, we have forged bonds with turbine engine manufacturers that go back more than 60 years. Working with these OEMs, we are proud to have developed many of the repair and overhaul techniques that are standard in the industry today. Over the years, we have continued to add engine authorizations, services and capabilities that encompass the majority of turbine-powered business and general aviation aircraft flying today, with support that extends to every corner of the globe.
PURPOSE JOB SUMMARY
Performs approved inspection programs for servicing and repair of gas turbine engines, aircraft components, parts or accessories in accordance with the Repair Station Manual, Federal Aviation Regulations, manufacturers’ specifications, approved technical data and Dallas Airmotive Inc. policies/procedures.
(Not listed in order of importance. Other duties may be assigned.)
* Performs all duties of designated inspection and product handling in accordance with Dallas Airmotive, Inc. policies and procedures and provide reports/records, such as FRA 337’s, that comply with all applicable Federal Aviation Regulations, IPM’s, manufacturers’ specifications and the policies of Dallas Airmotive Inc.
* Completes receiving, assembly (in-process) inspection and the final acceptance inspection of each overhauled or repaired engine, accessory, appliance and component at time of completion and prior to preparation for shipment.
* Assists as necessary with the operation and accuracy of the filing system for overhaul records, electronic/manual maintenance records, bulletins, and related publications for their programs.
* Completes employee qualification audits, process verification audits, process and procedure audits, as they relate to the Repair Station.
* Assures that required preliminary, hidden, damage, progressive and final inspections are properly performed and that proper inspection records, reports and forms are properly executed prior to releasing the product.
* Instructs production personnel in proper procedures for compliance with product/company standards.
* Conducts periodic inspection/calibration of all precision tools and test equipment, and ensures calibrations are current and conform to all applicable regulations.
* May evaluate published technical data for timely and accurate applicability to quality assurance /shop procedures to ensure reliable, quality products.
* Provides technical inspection support for specific engines/components and takes appropriate actions in preventing release of defective, unserviceable, or un-airworthy parts.
* Enters quality escapes into TurbineUpdate for tracking of internal/external quality escapes.
* Direct report to Quality Operations Leader. Maintains constant communication with Quality Operations Leader as it relates to day to day operations.
* Must be certificated under 14 CFR part 65 as an A&P mechanic, P mechanic or repairman, must have minimum of twenty-four (24) months experience within the specific product line and be qualified on all sections of the engine.
* Must be able to read, interpret and understand technical manuals, engineering drawings, work specifications, service bulletins and written work instructions.
* Must be proficient in the use of precision-measuring equipment associated with the specific work area. Quality Control Inspector must perform audit and inspection functions to ensure quality, as required by repair instructions, with emphasis on process controls, tool conditions, adequacy of instructions and corrective action.
* Quality Control Inspectors must demonstrate proficiency within the classification during the probationary period.
* Experience with Honeywell TFE731 preferred
QUALIFICATIONS, SPECIFIC SKILLS, AND COMPETENCIES (INCLUDING LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS)
* Ability to express or exchange ideas verbally with peers, clients, and public.
* Ability to get along with co-workers and peers.
* Maintenance of regular attendance and punctuality within customary tolerances.
(The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.)
* Sedentary Work: exerting up to (50-70) pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Work involves walking, sitting, driving or standing for brief periods of time. Reaching: extending hands and arms in any direction. Handling: seizing, holding, grasping, turning or otherwise working with hand(s). Talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
* Hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds by ear.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job.
* Engine shop and shop office environments, including: hoists, heavy parts, chemicals and fluids with use of precision instruments, stringent housekeeping and work area safety regulations and practices to observe and maintain.
* Environment may include brief periods of elevated noise exposure due to engine testing, exposure to outside weather conditions required to service aircraft engines and accessories.
BBA Aviation Aftermarket Services is a military-friendly environment.
This job description shows typical requirements of a position within this job classification. This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Individual positions may vary slightly in functions, job dimensions and requirements. Candidates whose abilities make them unable to meet these requirements will still be considered fully qualified if they can perform the Essential Functions of the job with reasonable accommodation. AA/EOE/ADA
Primary Location: United States-Texas-DFW Airport-DFW Airport - 20
Organization: Aftermarket Services