3 months ago
Job Category: Quality
Location: Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Title: Quality Control Inspector
Chromalloy is an integrated solutions provider for original equipment manufacturers, commercial airlines, militaries, oil and gas companies, and power companies, delivering innovative solutions to reduce manufacturing and operating expenses and extend the life of gas turbine engines. With locations in 11 countries, Chromalloy provides coatings, authorized repairs, castings and manufacturing overhauls, partnering with manufacturers and operators alike to provide the latest, most technologically advanced solutions.
Chromalloy is a subsidiary of Sequa Corporation. Sequa Corporation is a diversified industrial company with operations in the aerospace, metal coatings and automotive industries. Sequa is a Carlyle Group company.
Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a opening to join our organization.
Day to Day:
The Quality Control (QC) Inspector is responsible individually and as part of a team for performing incoming and final inspections of aircraft engine material and the required documentation per Chromalloy and customer’s requirements. This position requires excellent organization and interpersonal skills, in addition to the ability to successfully communicate complex technical information to others.
The basic purpose and function of this position is to inspect material that is either being received into or shipped out of Chromalloy Material Solutions. This position ensures the accuracy of the inventory in the CMS facility.
What you will do:
Roles and Rsponsibilities:
* Perform Incoming and Final inspection of CMS material.
* Perform to the established Shipping and Receiving procedures
* Inspect material that is requested for stock checks
* Comply with all regulatory and industry requirements.
* Cross-train to become proficient at other tasks associated with the department.
* Ensure the proper utilization of the ERP and QMS Systems.
* Train other individuals in the company on how to perform job functions
* Adhere to and promote Corporate Code of Ethical Standards.
* Ensures compliance with company IPM, CMS QSM and ASA-100 requirements.
What you need to succeed:
* Drive for results
* Intellectual Horsepower
* Career Ambition
* Ethics & Values
* Time Management
* Functional/Technical Skills
* Employment is based on a verification of residence status, drug and alcohol testing, background check and active driver license.
* High School Diploma required, a minimum of 3 years of quality and/or administrative aircraft related experience.
* Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision and the ability to follow instructions at all times
* Knowledge of quality system requirements preferred.
* Experience in an AS9120 or ASA-100 management system preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Strong verbal, written and communication skills.
* Exceptional computer skills.
* Safety conscious
Chromalloy has big plans for the future, just like you. We recognize that it takes planning and hard work to get there. So we offer challenging assignments, great teams, development and training, and exciting opportunities to enhance your skills, abilities and knowledge.
Chromalloy maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. Please note that depending on the specific position, you may be required to pass additional medical tests, background checks, and/or other requirements. These additional items are required for the company to comply with various laws and regulatory rules.
Apply only for positions for which you are qualified. If your work experience, skills and background are incompatible with the requirements of the job, you will not be considered for it.
Chromalloy is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Chromalloy participates in E-Verify. It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants and to prohibit any discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. Employees will be treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. It is also our policy that sexual harassment or any other kind of harassment, including harassment based on sexual orientation, will not be tolerated. The foundation of these policies is our commitment to treat everyone fairly and equally and to have a bias-free work environment.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran and need a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system or need to apply in an alternate way, please contact the Human Resources department at the individual business unit or annex. The telephone number for a specific business unit or annex can be found at Chromalloy Locations.