29 days ago
Quality Control Engineer
Albuquerque, NM US
Engineering and Technical Support
CACI is adding an experienced Quality Control Engineer to its Product Assurance team in Albuquerque, NM. If you like to think outside of the box and create innovative quality control processes that exceed customer expectations, CACI would like to speak with you.
What You’ll Get to Do:
* Collaborate with Project Managers, Engineering Services Team, Fabrication and HVAC Team, Integration/Electronics Technical Team, and Test to continue to develop a benchmark Quality Control program
* Monitoring and evaluate the various aspects of the system installation to ensure compliance with the statement of work requirements, design requirements, specification requirements, and OEM installation guidelines.
* Perform inspections and measurements, collecting and summarizing quality data, and maintaining records on the results
* Gather information concerning the application of quality procedures, review of technical quality requirements, or the results of inspections and tests provide a basis for decisions and action by senior-level specialists and management.
* Performs on-site verifications of completed work to insure work is accomplished according to installation plan and specifications; and generates/tracks Corrective Action Reports as needed for workmanship issues requiring further forensics.
* Use of continuous improvement and rapid problem solving methodologies
* Provide information for an overall assessment of the timely and proper implementation of new or revised work processes, use of modified or new equipment, and other controlling procedures.
* Ensure quality processes are developed in conjunction with the user requirements.
* Work as part of a team to establish parameters and specifications.
* Track and maintain documentation of assigned quality special projects.
* Reviews requirements, specifications, and documentation to gain a thorough understanding of the work to be certified.
* May be requested to attend engineering or technician trainings for better process understanding
* Raises issues, questions and concerns.
* Validates results, reports discrepancies, and follows through to ensure that all issues are resolved.
* Develop, implement, and monitor quality control standards within organization utilizing knowledge or various quality standards
* Create and present measurements of performance
* As the primary third party Quality Control oversight make recommendations of new process controls while continuing to provide flexibility within our processes to not impact delivery schedules
* Periodically travel to supplier sites for pre-acceptance of high risk equipment
* Proficient at reading technical drawings
* Proficient at understanding Technical Orders and MIL-STDs
* Mechanical and electrical working knowledge
* Supply chain equipment knowledge of mechanical and electrical equipment
* Quality team process support as needed: Internal audits; quality verifications; document reviews; improvement meetings; and process consultations
* Work to reduce barriers in an effort of creating a productive quality team within a facility
* Attend project meetings for supply and project insights
More About the Role:
You will create standards and analysis of inspections and verifications for project records and monitor corrective actions until closure. Also you will be directly responsible for performing these inspections in collaboration with engineers and technical staff. Excellent communication and collaboration skills are a requirement of this role.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Active Secret Clearance
* A Bachelor’s degree
* 7 years of related experience
* Demonstrated experience with being organized and attentive to details
* Demonstrated experience with taking initiatives
* Proficient with MS Office tools
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Active Top Secret Clearance
* Six Sigma Black Belt
* Prior Engineering or Technical position
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.