6 months ago
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
With minimum guidance in a team environment, performs dimensional or mechanical inspection on a diversified line of Aerospace components. Inspect sub-assemblies, and assemblies along with performing the complex first article inspection to verify conformance to blueprints and engineering specifications. Responsible for ensuring compliance to customer and Company quality system specifications and requirements.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
1. Performs quality review of documents including, purchase orders, routers, certifications, specifications, blueprints, and other related documents.
2. Conducts final dimensional or mechanical inspection of parts, components, sub- assemblies, and assemblies, for conformance to blueprints and engineering specifications.
3. Determines if products and/or components will be accepted or rejected based on customer specifications.
4. Uses a variety of precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, vernier calipers, comparators, and gauging equipment to verify conformance to requirements.
5. Assists certified operator with devising dimensional gauging set-ups and performs part layout inspection (stanchion set-up and fixtures).
6. Reviews, processes and completes any required quality documentation (i.e. certification, packing slips, etc.) prior to releasing product from DSQR.
8. Performs and processes the more complex first article inspection on components, sub-assemblies and assemblies to AS 9102 requirements per the customer requirements.
7. Reviews first article packages on file for completion and assures current revisions are on file.
10. Ensures compliance to SPD and customer quality system requirements.
13. Reviews new or revised customer specifications for updates to maintain current on customer requirements.
14. Advises manufacturing personnel of possible non-conformities.
15. Verifies proper labels, identification and packaging of parts at shipping, if required by customer.
14. Complete any documentation at shipping, if required by customer.
15. When customer certified as such, acts as customer’s agent on all product quality and quality systems issues.
Secondary Responsibilities/Non-Essential Functions:
1. Maintains appropriate knowledge and ability levels to efficiently perform all assigned work and utilizes this knowledge base to become proficient on new/unfamiliar assignments
2. Observes all company policies and procedures, including safety rules, and maintains a clean and foreign object damage (FOD) free work area. Maintains a satisfactory high level of performance and high ethical/quality standards in all assigned work and related documents
3. Actively participates in lean/continuous initiatives by identifying and providing suggestions on areas for improvement. Applies lean concepts and tools in work areas.
4. May be required to train other inspectors and certified operators. Provides assistance or guidance to others related to customer specifications.
5. May be required to process audit of test and assembly processes and interface with various customer and government representatives.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Qualifications (relevant experience, education and training):
1. Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 6 years related quality inspection experience.
2. Must have experience using precision instrument measuring devices such as calipers, micrometers, feeler gauges, etc.
3. Must be able to pass required vision exam and color vision test.
4. Able to implement and effectively apply lean/continuous improvement initiatives.
5. Able to effectively demonstrate team member competencies and participate in goal setting, performance feedback, and self-development activities.
6. Must be able to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
7. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within the field.
8. Able to interpret reports and use job specific software applications. Able to use employee self-service systems to access on-line information and use specialized automated systems (i.e. Microsoft, TORS, CICS, email)
9. The person in this position frequently communicates with co-workers, supervisors, managers and customers about work product and processes and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Must be able to read and understand written instructions and procedures. Demonstrates effective interpersonal communication skills as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
10. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Possess working knowledge of shop mathematics.
11. Knowledge of applicable military standards or specifications required.
12. Proficient in reading and interpreting engineering blueprints, customer's specifications and internal drawings and procedures.
13. Position requires US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident Status due to ITAR government restrictions.
Typical Mental and Physical Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is frequently required to move about inside the plant to access tools, parts and materials. The team member must be able to remain in a stationary position about half the time. The team member is required to use test equipment to inspect parts. Must be able to detect and identify parts and tools and inspect work for defects and accuracy. Also expected of the team member is regular attendance, the ability to work cooperatively and professionally with others. May be required to move parts or equipment weighing up to 50 pounds for a distance of 30 feet.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)