5 months ago
Performs inspection duties to insure that incoming parts, in-process production and shipped product fulfill all SNC quality requirements.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Inspect and file/record incoming part history records.
* Perform accurate mechanical, physical and visual inspection of raw materials, components, and sub-assemblies per Inspection Plans, drawings and other specification requirements.
* Read and interpret specifications and part prints.
* Initiate nonconformance reports (NC and NCMRs) as required
* Ensure calibration and maintenance of inspection equipment is up to date prior to conducting inspection operations.
* Perform product identification and traceability activities, as required.
* Work with other company personnel to resolve inspection questions.
* Communicate with project engineers to ensure compliance with the final product requirements.
* Document information on the computer in various databases and other internal programs
* Participates in in-process and final inspection as needed.
* Trains collateral duty Inspectors
* Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned
* Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures. Comply with all quality, safety, and work rules and regulations.
* As needed, assist Quality Engineers with conduct of First Article, in-process, and final inspections
* Train contract / temporary employees in the inspection procedures.
* Aviation Inspection (includes any of the above plus the following)
* Assembly inspections (including power plant, materials, parts and subassemblies) which consist of, but are not limited to, workmanship and conformance to drawings and/or process instructions; and ensuring all related paperwork is completed
* Perform assigned inspection functions in accordance with SNC and manufacturer's inspection procedures to ensure that aircraft are maintained to the prescribed standards of airworthiness and serviceability for all scheduled operations
* Review log books and deferred maintenance items on appropriate work cards
* Perform required inspection functions during all checks on routine work cards; perform buy-back inspections on major items or non-routine work items; sign off log book, deferred maintenance items upon completion of work Inspect component exchanges covered by work cards during other maintenance functions
* Ensure that all inspections are performed as required of all scheduled maintenance, aircraft modifications or component changes to ensure that approved equipment and materials are being utilized and high standards of workmanship are being attained
* Record all discrepancies found on non-routine work cards or as otherwise specified in various sections of the aircraft maintenance manual
* Monitor all inspections record forms which are utilized in checks to ensure proper completion of all entries
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Other duties as assigned
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
* Note: This position may be considered a safety-sensitive position depending on business area requirements.
* SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization's only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 3+ years’ experience in a Manufacturing Quality Control environment is preferred.
Software PC-DMIS is required.
Experience programming, setting up, and running the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
* Previous mechanical inspection background with ability to use basic hand measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, thread gauges etc.) preferred.
* As required by site, knowledge of and ability to use a wide range of higher precision measuring or Non-Destructive Evaluation equipment.
* Minimum (2) years’ experience in mechanical inspection and inspection techniques.
* Self-starter requiring minimal supervision.
* Effective teamwork, interpersonal, and communication skills.
* Good written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience with MS Excel and Word.
* Proficient with geometry and trigonometry (machine shop math).
* Knowledge and ability to interpret Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerance.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.