- Preparation and performance of audits to satisfy regulatory compliance oversight requirements.
- Monitoring audit finding trends and customer post test flight discrepancies.
- Participate in the Company Approvals Board examinations, supervision of practical tests and PAC files review, including related administrative functions.
- Preparation and submission of Mandatory and non-mandatory occurrence Reports.
- Liaising with Regulatory authorities and the Customers’ Quality Assurance personnel during visits to and audits of the facilities.
- Conducting incident investigations and compilation of incident reports. Plan and monitor the safety actions arising from investigation reports and management review process.
- Addressing feedback issues from employees.
- Participating in delivery of Continuation & SMS training.
- Satisfying roles and responsibilities as outlined and amended in the policies.
- Maintaining currency with regulatory changes.
- Planning, implementation and operation of the organization’s safety and compliance management systems.
- Support the SMS system through report feedback, audit, analysis and risk assessment.
- Monitor and amend the safety feedback communication documentation.
- Prepare management review reports and retain comprehensive minutes of management review meetings to include all aspects the SMS functions.
- Present an annual safety strategy to Management based on audit/investigation analysis Risk assessments, Hazard reporting, SMS and staff feedback, to support overall safety & business standards and ensure product airworthiness and efficient/safe service delivery.
- Acts as an information conduit to bring safety issues to the attention of management and to deliver safety information to the organization‘s staff, contractors and stakeholders.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives in QA and throughout the organisation.
- Present monthly safety data to SAG
- Supports planning and implementation of Emergency planning policies and practices.
- Other quality/safety duties assigned by the QA manager.
- Models and promotes an organizational culture that fosters safety & regulatory compliance practices.
- Provides and articulates information regarding risk and compliance issues within the organization.
- Establishes factual organisational and industry risk & compliance position and identifies change opportunities to deliver on business excellence strategies.
- Analyses technical data for trends related to hazards, events and occurrences.
- Process management
1. Effectively utilize applicable processes and procedures to fulfil roles and responsibilities.
2. Measurement of the effectiveness and quality of processes
3. Investigate opportunities to increase the efficiency of processes.
- Demonstrates an excellent safety behaviour and attitude.
- Possess good time and project management skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Possess a sound knowledge of:
1. FAA & EASA Regulations Part 145, Part 66 etc.
2. SMS Regulatory background
3. Equivalent Organizational processes including MOE and EPM.
- An understanding of Risk Management principles and techniques to support the SMS.
- Experience in aviation accident/ incident investigation and human factors would be an advantage.
- An ability to be firm in conviction, promote a just and fair culture and advance an open and non-punitive atmosphere for reporting
- Possess excellent communication and report writing skills.
- Possess good computer literacy and data analytical skills.
- Possess one of the following
1. B1 or B2 qualification or acceptable equivalent
2. An engineering degree
3. Line/Base/Shop maintenance inspection authorization
4. QA 3rd level qualification
5. Hold or have held a QA position in a part 145, 147, Part M, Part 21 or Part ORO organization.
- Be willing to travel to meet, training and audit requirements.