about 1 month ago
Quality Assurance Engineer Sr.
Job ID: 477541BR Date posted: Apr. 09, City: Huntsville State: Alabama
Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space. At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our unique skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture inspires employees to dream big, perform with excellence and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration and focus and if you have the passion and courage to dream big, we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin Space in Huntsville, AL has an excellent opportunity for a Lead Quality Assurance Engineer supporting our Missiles Defense Operations/ T4 Target Program. As a new team member, you will need to be someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, leads by example, and has the desire and ability to influence and develop partnerships with the team and customers.
You will have the opportunity to be involved with a diverse set of tasks:
o You will perform as a Quality Assurance Engineer for T4 Target suppliers and be the point of contact for suppliers and quality issues.
o Ensure the proper flow-down of quality requirements.
o Interpret contract quality requirements and tailor the requirements for individual suppliers when deemed necessary. You will coordinate and resolve issues with conflicting requirements.
o Review incoming Vendor Request for Information or Change (VRICs) to ensure correct type categorization.
o Responsible for ensuring root cause has been determined and effective corrective action is implemented to prevent recurrence of discrepancies. Disposition nonconforming hardware.
o Create and maintain inspection plans.
o Interface with program customer.
o Utilize SSC ERP systems (SAP/EPDM) and MS Office Suite applications to perform day to day tasks.
Benefits of Employment:
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package:
• You possess a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in technical
discipline (e.g., engineering field) or equivalent discipline (e.g., math, physics, chemistry, etc.).
• Provide experience using standard Quality Assurance processes and procedures to include:
o Material Review Board (MRB) or dispositioning of products
o Root Cause Analysis (fishbone diagrams, fault tree, etc.)
o Experience with Industry Quality Systems and Processes (ISO/AS)
• You should have experience with the creating, reporting and analysis of quality metrics.
• Ability to engage with internal suppliers, product centers, and subcontractor/suppliers.
• Experience with Lean and Six Sigma methods and techniques.
• Experience with interpreting drawings, specifications, and contracts as applicable to Quality Assurance.
• Experience with Microsoft Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• The position will require occasional travel within the United States.
* Ability to attain a Secret Security clearance and US Citizenship required
• Prefer a minimum 5 years of experience within Aerospace Supplier Quality Requirements
• Master’s Degree
• Demonstrated presentation skills
• Demonstrated understanding of audit techniques
• Basic understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing)
• Knowledge of Configuration and Data Management Supplier Management
• Knowledge of Special Processes
• Experience with SAP/ERP
• Experience with customer relations
• Green Belt training/certification
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE)
• As a successful member of the team that delivers exceptional results, you will need excellent communication skills and the ability to develop rapport with the team and multiple partners.
• Ability to multi-task, be thorough and detail oriented, with strong job closure and analytical skills.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: No Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First