2 months ago
Quality Assurance Engineer
Req #: 214852
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Logistics
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must Be Current
CACI is seeking a Quality Assurance Engineer for the US navy in Washington DC area.
What You’ll Get to Do:
* Responsible for being the voice and advocate of customer and war-fighter to ensure that all hardware meets or exceeds all safety, fit, form and functions requirements.
* Serves as Point of contact for internal customer (PMO) and DCMA.
* Serves as Quality Lead for Program Team.
* Reviews Contracts for quality requirements and flow down requirements to Supplier Quality and Operations Quality.
* Creates Quality Assurance Program Plans (QAPP) detailing quality expectations and requirements for the program
* Flows quality requirements to Supplier Quality Engineers to incorporate Quality Clauses and Text into Purchase Orders
* Leads Root Cause/Corrective Action Investigations for customer issued Corrective Action Requests (CARs) and customer Product Quality Deficiency Reports (PQDR) for field failures
* Writes Disclosures to alert customer of escapes into field
* Reviews and approves suppliers’ Root Cause/Corrective Action responses
* Updates program quality metrics and present to customer
* Resolves production quality issues, concerns and questions
* Provides technical advisory support and analysis for all Program Reviews to include PPRs, PRRs, PARs, and technical proposals evaluation panels/boards.
* Supports source selection activities including assisting technical and past performance evaluations, and assisting in the preparation of source selection memoranda and decision documents.
* Provides pre-award support to include coordinating requirements, conducting market research, and qualifying vendors.
* Applies knowledge of the Federal Government acquisition process to support customers in the analysis and improvement of acquisition process policy and procedures to include obsolescence and Diminishing Manufacturing Resources (DMS) analysis and resolution.
* Devises strategies for deploying and implementing new acquisition policy initiatives and measuring the effectiveness of implementation.
* Uses quantitative analytical techniques to assess system acquisition process issues and develop risk reduction/mitigation approaches for improving acquisition/program planning, control, and execution.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* At least 7 years of experience working in Navy programs, preferably NAVSEA Navy Program Management Office (PMO) experience on NAVSEA programs.
* Navy Product Support experience to include Quality Assurance Engineering, Supply Chain, Initial outfitting spares and logistics documentation support.
* Bachelor degree in related field or other.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Completion of at least a level 1 DAWIA certification or equivalent.
* Prior Navy military or Govt civilian experience working on Navy Programs, particularly involving production or sustainment logistics.
What We Can Offer You:
- We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.