4 months ago
The Quality Assurance Engineer will be responsible for quality operations through the continuous improvement of all products, services and processes. This leader will take a proactive approach to identify, initiate and evaluate corrective procedures. The successful candidate will utilize quality assurance best practices that integrate control measures to improve and further our overall business objectives.
This position will report to the Quality Manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide data analysis based on customer returns and warranty requests.
• Determine changes needed in quality procedures, work instructions and performance specifications.
• Identify continuous improvement opportunities as well as corrective action activities.
• Meet plant goals in continuous improvement of all products, services and processes.
• Develop, implement and maintain process qualification protocols and reports.
• Perform document control activities including process, review and approve of quality records.
• Resolve supplier quality issues through teamwork and process improvement.
• Provide proactive and collaborative planning with an emphasis on statistical techniques.
• Maintain, analyze and report Key Performance Indicators and Cost of Quality data to identify recurring trends and drive improvement actions to reduce internal and external failure costs.
• Participate in Root Cause and corrective action initiatives.
• Execute Non-conformance Report activities and assist with maintaining a corrective action system to address related issues.
• Work with cross-functional teams.
• Strong technical writing and communication skills
• Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Proficient computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite
Education & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree (Engineering discipline is preferred)
• Experience in Lean manufacturing or Six Sigma methodologies
• Knowledge of ISO 9001:2008 standard or higher
• Familiar with SUBSAFE/Level I material and requirements
• 3 – 5 years’ experience in quality and process improvement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.