Working for one of the world's largest, privately- owned aerospace and defence companies, my client is now looking to recruit a Quality Assurance Engineer to be based at their head office in Cambridge.
Delivering innovation and excellence in engineering, support solutions and services in the air, on land and at sea they were established more than 100 years ago, have almost 5,000 employees and an annual turnover of around £2.5bn. They specialise in the conversion, modification, maintenance and support of civil and military aircraft, defence vehicle engineering, shelter manufacture, composite solutions and the provision of personnel, training and advice.
- Conducting business process audits as required by the internal audit programme to ensure that the company remains in compliance with the requirements of relevant regulations and standards and to ensure the quality management system is effective.
- Conducting product/ special process/ capability/ sample audits.
- Investigating quality failures, facilitating root cause analysis workshops, proposing containment and corrective actions and following up the identified quality failures to verify that any necessary containment and corrective actions have been implemented successfully and effectively.
- Ensuring that all applications for licensing, approvals and the renewal of approvals are reviewed for compliance with documented procedures prior to submission to the Head of Quality and/or delegate.
- Conducting event investigations as required.
Benefits To You:
- Basic salary of up to 38,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Discretionary bonus
- Enhanced pension
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Holiday Trading (option to buy or sell days)
- Onsite canteen
- Onsite parking
- Perks at Work- employee savings/ discounts
- Restaurant Discount Card
- Critical Illness Insurance/ Dental Insurance/ Travel Insurance/ Gadget Insurance
- Life Assurance as standard (plus option to increase cover)
- Healthcare cash plan
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Car Breakdown cover
- Will Writing
- HNC or equivalent in an engineering or quality related discipline.
- An appropriate level of experience gained within a quality related vocation.
- Specialised function, trade knowledge preferably gained within an aerospace environment.
- Working knowledge of EASA Part 145 or Part M, Part 66 or Part 21 Subpart J and G.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001:2008 or AS9100 or AS9110.
- Working knowledge of MAOS (MAA MRP 145) and/or DAOS.
- The ability to work under their own initiative whilst being a full participating member of a team.
- Good interpersonal skills both written and verbal possessing the ability to effectively communicate at all levels both within and external to the organisation.
- Computer literate with a sound working knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Successful candidates will be self-motivated with a professional attitude, possessing a high level of integrity but most importantly, have a positive outlook and a passion towards helping an organisation improve.
You must be eligible to apply for SC clearance and, therefore, must hold a British passport and have lived and worked in the UK for the past 5 years
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff. With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.