9 months ago
Examines airframe, engines, and operating equipment to ensure that repairs are made according to specifications, and certifies airworthiness of aircraft by performing the following duties in an MRO facility.
* Tests tightness of airframe connections with hand tools and employs flashlight and mirror to inspect fit of parts.
* Collects data, such as engine revolutions per minute and fuel and oil pressures, to evaluate engine performance.
* Examines assembly, installation, and adjustment of ailerons and rudders to ensure that workmanship and materials conform with Civil Air Regulations, company specifications, and manual procedures.
* Determines accuracy of installation of components in power plant and hydraulic system.
* Signs inspection tag to approve unit, or records reasons for rejecting unit.
* Logs inspections performed on aircraft.
* Prepares dismantling schedules for airplanes to be overhauled.
* Airframe & Powerplant Certification
* Must have an ASNT Certification, Level 2 Preferred
* At least 5 years of QC experience in heavy and/or line maintenance
* Read, write, speak, and understand the English language fluently
* Airbus experience
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; risk of radiation; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception, and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER