4 months ago
QA Engineer Sr
Job ID: 448280BR Date posted: Aug. 21, City: Palmdale State: California
Description:This position reports to Quality Engineering leader and is responsible for work product quality and continual assessment of manufacturing product and process yield as assigned to a specific fabrication, assembly, or flight line area or segment. Will utilize statistical methods and preventive action methods to evaluate and initiate actions to identify and control sources of variation detrimental to quality, cost, and schedule targets. Conduct/coordinate process and product evaluations and assessments. Emphasis will be placed on validation of key process capability. Scope of responsibility also includes; quality and cost data analysis, lead root cause, corrective and preventive action investigations/ decisions/ validations, variation management actions, supplier quality integration tasks, along with area improvement strategy and planning. Responsible and accountable for delivering effective methods and initiating improvements that will drive and improve overall quality performance reducing area defects and Scrap, Rework, Repair cost to minimum as measured and trended by quality diagnostic measurement system. Will collaborate with various functions to assure compliance and continuous improvement. Will provide local customer interface.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 5 years of professional experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Root Cause Analysis experience or training.
- Technical degree in Engineering, Math, or Science. Consideration will be given to candidates enrolled in technical degree program. Equivalent experience when coupled with desired quality science skill will also be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to work at all levels of the organization to identify and drive systemic root cause and corrective action utilizing quantitative, qualitative analytical capabilities to communicate and influence others in a concise, data driven manner.
- High energy, self-starting, team player who achieves goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills needed for collaboration, communication, and presentations.
- Green Belt or Black Belt, CQE or CMQOE certification.
- Demonstrated quality science expertise in one or more of the following areas: Statistical analysis, statistical process control, sampling, six sigma, FAI, PPAP, PFMAE process auditing or validation, root cause analysis and corrective action validations, and supplier quality management.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY Relocation Available: Yes Career Area: QA/Test and Inspection Clearance Level: Secret requiring an investigation within the last 5 years Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First