3 months ago
QA Engineer Sr
QA/Test and Inspection
Specific Job Description
The main effort within this role is to support off site trial activities in and around the Bovington area as part of the WCSP validation programme. Key skills will include the ability to work as part of a multi skill team to investigate failures and drive root cause and corrective action within LM and the supply base. Knowledge of DRACAS and incident sentencing boards would be beneficial. The role will require extended periods of work working unsupervised, must be a starter finisher and also managing competing priorities and within a high tempo environment.
Job Reference Number
Fixed Term (Trials Phase up to 2 years in duration)
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday. (This role is at Bovington).
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
Extensive RCA, CA, CP and MRB experience.
* Competent SAP user.
* Trials skills and experience.
* DRACUS skills and awareness
* Experienced field QE having prior successes working with multi skilled teams in the trial environment.
* Knowledge of large design design and manufacture activities, sub contract activity, FAT testing & non-conformance management.
* Extensive use of QA tools such as but not limited to: APQP, PPAP, MSA, SPC, control plans, data pack production & As-Built Lists.
* Management of non-conformance and assessment and identification of risks.
* Knowledge of AS9100 & ISO9001.
* Knowledge of electrical and mechanical manufacture, vehicle integration, composites and process & auditing skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Strong SAP skills would be of benefit.
* Ability to work unsupervised.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.