8 months ago
The Purchasing/Supply Chain Manager will be a member of the Site Operations leadership team and will be a key resource for the procurement and inventory management of purchased parts in support of our production and prototype product builds.
The ideal candidate will possess strong skills and a proven record of successfully executing in the following areas: international procurement, logistics management, e-business initiatives, strategic sourcing, small business plans and cost reduction techniques. ITAR and Military/Aerospace experience preferred.
• Provide leadership in a fast-paced environment to ensure expectations are exceeded relative to delivery, quality, cost, inventory and growth objectives.
• Develop and implement aggressive material cost targets using a strong knowledge of cost accounting, financial analysis and supply base negotiations.
• Establish a global supply base to provide a product that meets annual quality, delivery, and cost expectations.
• Support the negotiation and supplier selection process to facilitate make/buy objectives.
• Execute commodity sourcing strategies, lead/support key contract negotiations and strategic supplier performance reviews.
• Provide in-depth material management expertise to achieve world-class performance levels within the supply chain.
• Lead interaction between Suppliers and Engineering to drive total cost productivity through concise and clear specifications that meet identified needs.
• Selection and removal of suppliers in support of performance objectives, or manufacturing strategies.
• Establish long term pricing with suppliers in support of objectives, and program profitability expectations.
• Bachelor's degree required in Supply Chain Management or related field
• 5-9 years of experience in a procurement and sourcing role in a production environment in support of complex components, fabrications, and machined parts
• Professional Certifications a plus - APICS
Other Skills and Abilities
• Intimate knowledge of ERP configuration, manufacturing processes and systems.
• Strong understanding of the make/buy process, FAI and extensive experience with an ERP systems (Oracle a plus).
• Experience in establishing new suppliers and the documentation and approvals required by OEMs.
• Demonstrated ability to drive teamwork between groups and across functional teams.
• Strategic planning/thinking skills, coupled with analytical and execution skills.
• Demonstrated experience and success working in a fast paced, matrix environment satisfying multiple customers.
• Must possess solid analytical skills in forecasting and anticipating production needs and capabilities.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal skills requiring the ability to resolve conflicting interests and obtain cooperation.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.