about 1 year ago
Oversee the day-to-day procurement of goods/services in support of facilities and aircraft maintenance. The duties and responsibilities of the Purchasing Supervisor be delegated to any assistant deemed qualified. However, such delegation does not relieve the Supervisor Purchasing Supervisor of the overall responsibility.
1. Supervise buyers and support staff.
2. Evaluate expendable inventory and adjust accordingly.
3. Review support staff and buyers purchase orders.
4. Evaluate and research supply sources and effectively negotiate with vendors.
5. Act as liaison between maintenance, engineering and accounting to maintain optimum operational performance.
6. Complete computer generated stock reports.
7. Assure purchasing support of maintenance required materials for aircraft maintenance.
8. Oversee daily operation of Inventory Control ensuring that workload is met and department operates smoothly.
9. Review all information pertaining to closing Service Orders ensuring the computer properly reflects dispersion of parts.
10. Ensure material issues pertaining to Service Orders are resolved in a timely manner and forwarded to Accounting for billing.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Requires minimum of two (2) years Inventory, Stores and/or Materials experience or A.A. Degree.
3. Requires minimum of two (2) years experience in a repair station or airline environment. Must have general knowledge of the Inventory Control function.
4. Must have basic computer skills. Should have knowledge of typical PC/Business software applications (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet). Typing speed of 35 WPM is required.
5. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills. Excellent interpersonal skills are required to interact with Customer representatives, subordinates and coworkers.
6. Must have good organizational skills, be able to prioritize and delegate work, accurately perform duties with constant activity in the area and pay close attention to detail.
7. Responsible for neat and organized work area and office of both himself/herself and employees.
8. Must be a self-starter, requiring minimum supervision and perform with a pre-established degree of accuracy in the execution of job assignments.
9. Must be able to work under pressure, interrelate with others and maintain flexibility with scheduled of department.
10. Must have the ability to lead people and accept responsibility.
11. Read, write and understand the English language.