About the role
In the role of Public Relations Manager at Qatar Airways, you will be responsible for all facets of external press and public relations for Qatar Airways and its subsidiaries, as well as working with key stakeholders for internal communications.
You will execute and manage corporate communications’ activities at Head Office and across the global network, ensuring the communications strategy is delivered with effective, streamlined messaging that is aligned to business strategy.
Key accountabilities of the role
The accountabilities of the role will include the following:
- Implementing and executing Qatar Airways’ corporate communications strategy.
- Selecting, managing and monitoring performance of PR agencies across the network. Liaising with PR agencies, local marketing and management team on local strategy, PR opportunities and media-related activities.
- Writing press releases for global dissemination and speeches for senior management for media-related events and workshops.
- Support the Qatar Airways events team in Doha and overseas with written collateral.
- Regular exchange of information with media, ensuring key messaging is disseminated.
- Prepare senior management presentations for press conferences.
- Supporting media requests about the airline and its subsidiaries. Prepare written statements for the media on the company’s behalf.
- Responsible for keeping press material up to date, feeding information on a pro-active basis to the media and company stakeholders.
- Identify positive PR story ideas / angles to promote the airline and its subsidiaries to drive publicity, which in turn helps the commercial department drive increased revenues and profitability.
- The role also involves internal communications, to plan, develop and maintain a range of integrated communications tools and to provide advice and support to management across the organisation.
- Working on the press element of route launches, arranging and escorting media familiarisation trips.
- Taking a key role in Crisis Communications team, responding to emergency issues effectively in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Experience required
You will have a Bachelor's degree or equivalent preferably in a Communications or Media based subject along with a minimum of 10 years relevant experience relevant to Public Relations.
You will have an understanding of the news media landscape, workings of a press office and the needs of PR. Strong command of both written and verbal English language is essential, as are efficient time management skills.