7 months ago
Responsibilities and Qualifications
* Work from engineering fabrication drawings, electrical schematics, and detailed work instructions to fabricate top quality propulsion components
* Identifies acceptable defects; uses applicable inspection criteria for non-destructive inspection
* Use precision measuring instruments, hand tools (torque wrenches, specialty tools etc.)
* Operate heavy lifting equipment such as cranes and forklifts on flight hardware
* Dry fitting components
* Drill close tolerance holes for fastener installation
* Foreign object debris and tool control
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 5+ years of experience with aircraft fabrication and assembly strongly preferred
* A&P certificate is required
* Working knowledge of rocket propellants, including cryogenics, RP and hydrogen peroxide, methane, liquid oxygen, and gaseous oxygen
* Extensive knowledge of aircraft hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems
* Hands-on experience in a precision yet manual manufacturing setting required
* Experience with CNC machining, MIG/TIG welding and orbital tube welding
* Knowledge in the use of 3D CAD tools (SolidWorks is preferred), and ability to read and interpret GD&T per ASME Y14.5M-1994 standard
* Familiarity with tube fabrication (bend, flare, fittings, etc.) and pressurized system safety
* Experienced with Quality Inspection points and process documentation
* Knowledge of mil-spec fasteners
* Experience with plumbing (fluid lines and fittings)
* Experience with manual lathe and mill operation is a plus
* Strong safety work ethic – recognizes the importance of properly handling hazardous materials, chemicals, tools, etc.
* Must be able to take direction well and strong team player
* Extreme attention to detail and continual pursuit of excellence
* Knowledge of lean manufacturing philosophies is a plus
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Bigelow Aerospace was founded in 1999. Our headquarters are located in North Las Vegas, Nevada.
Our mission is to provide affordable destinations serving many diverse uses and customers, whether those destinations are located in low Earth orbit, deep space or on a foreign body.
In 2006 and 2007, we successfully launched and deployed Genesis I and II. On April 8, 2016 we launched the BEAM, Bigelow Expandable Activity Module, on contract with NASA to the International Space Station. The BEAM is a technology demonstrator to promote the viability of expandable habitat technology.