about 1 month ago
The Boeing Company is hiring for an experienced propulsion system integration and performance engineer, knowledgeable in many aspects of air vehicle propulsion across multiple speed regimes.
This position will be located in either: Saint Louis or Saint Charles, Missouri.
The ideal candidate will have the following primary responsibilities:
· Experienced propulsion system integration and performance engineer, knowledgeable in many aspects of air vehicle propulsion across multiple speed regimes.
· Support definition of requirements for propulsion systems, auxiliary power systems and vehicle fuel and tank systems.
· Support definitions, coordination and control of the functional and physical interfaces between the propulsion system and the vehicle.
· Support development of specifications and architectural and configuration concepts for associated vehicle systems to meet customer and regulatory requirements.
· Support design of propulsion sub-systems and components to meet all vehicle design and performance criteria.
· Support use of various testing, analysis, modeling and simulation tools to estimate or calculate system performance.
· Support definition and performance of certification tests for propulsion sub-systems and components.
· Support fielded systems to assure continued reliability and airworthiness. Supports development of concepts for future propulsion systems to meet anticipated requirements.
· Work under general supervision.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself for our customers and or the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
Experience utilizing general knowledge of internal and external flow characteristics, as applied to inlets and nozzles, and engine operation, and the ability to perform assigned propulsion system analysis tasks as applied to the design and analysis principles for flight vehicles.
This includes industry and company standard practices.
Experience utilizing general knowledge and ability required to plan, conduct, coordinate, and/or develop test requirements for wind tunnel, ground, or flight testing of performance characteristics of propulsion systems, their components, or supporting technologies
Experience utilizing general knowledge of propulsion system sizing and performance principles, tools, and processes. Generally understands how propulsion, aerodynamic, or other factors impact vehicle performance and how they can be used to optimize performance. Understands the key elements of how the propulsion system and vehicle size are driven by performance and requirements
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
Current US Secret Clearance
Internship in Flight Engineering a plus
Master's Degree a plus
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 7 or more years' experience or PhD degree with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award