Morson has an exciting opportunity for a Project Planner on an initial contract role until the end of the year for a Major Aerospace company in Yeovil, Somerset. For the right person this can be a position that will have an offer of a Permanent role with the Company at the end of the contract or the possibility of an extension to contract.
Essential for the role:
The project planner is a change agent who will influence key stakeholders to use the correct planning principles in order to achieve the planning outputs required during the bid/initiation phases.
This therefore means the key skills are:
* Excellent influencing, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent co-ordination and organisation skills
The other key skills and abilities are:
* A strong appreciation of project planning processes and procedures and ability to uphold them
* Expert planning knowledge and experience applied in complex environments (5-10 years' working knowledge)
* Proficiency in working with common Microsoft packages and common project planning tools
Aptitude (Ideal but not essential if the above criteria can be met):
* Educated to Degree or HND/HNC level or equivalent ideally in a subject relevant to project management
* Association of Project Management (APM) level D or equivalent qualification in project management desirable
Planning Role and Tasks
The primary purpose of this role:
Execute the planning for proposals contracted work. Produce accurate, timely and meaningful outputs for programme managers and stakeholders. This requires the creation, development, monitoring, analysis of plans so that the information is used for decision making and management and control. The planning information produced will comply with the appropriate Company planning procedures and processes.
Confirm, agree and communicate planning outputs with relevant teams and stakeholders.
* Create the integrated project plans for the proposal / or contracted work in the designated planning tool
* Develop and maintain the project plans by defining the scope of work through the establishment of the
WBS and associated activities, whilst:
* achieving contractual obligations and detailing all milestones/deliverables
* defined business and stakeholder objectives
* working within budgetary constraints
* identifying issues & constraints
* Undertake and co-ordinate the updating of the project plans, schedule interdependencies, durations, budgets etc.
* Analyse resource requirements analysing and reporting issues and suggesting corrective actions.
* Establish the overall critical path for the integrated set of project plans, analysing and reporting issues and suggesting corrective actions
* Monitor and Review project cost and schedule performance, undertaking a regular analysis of planned and actual data, establish accurate variances to plan, and prepare a forecast of future project performance utilising agreed standard measures and algorithms
* Ensure that Work Authorisations are issued in line with the project plan
* Undertake all baseline and change control activities associated with the project plans
Please send Cv or ring Sue Orr onfor more details