4 months ago
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
Generating Reports and Planning Management data inputs to Function and Programme. Maintaining Generation, maintenance, review and reporting of the Integrated Master Schedule and associated performance metrics against the baseline. Incorporation of LMUK subcontractor schedules into the LMUK IMS.
* Develops solutions to problems of unusual complexity which require a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, and innovativeness. Challenges are frequently unique and solutions may serve as precedent for future decisions.
* Responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of planning and schedule management in support of program capture and execution.
* Leads proposal preparation planning including development of planning artefacts for solicitation response. Interfaces with program management, senior management and the contractual customer as the programs planning integrator.
* Validates cost and schedule integration for effective program performance management.
* Manages vertical and horizontal integration between all schedules and other program artefacts compliant with LM's command media.
* May provide leadership, direction and day to day management of other program planners if applicable.
* Devises modelling and measuring techniques to integrate risks and opportunities with schedule and cost baseline. Performs time-phased predictive analyses, critical path verification and schedule risk assessments to assure the capability of the program to meet their commitments.
* Resolves schedule conflicts, develops and implements work-around strategies and tactical alternatives.
* Utilizes performance and health metrics analyses to drive actions resulting in improved program performance.
* Maintenance and status updates of the IMS on a weekly & monthly basis.
* Maintenance of the Performance Measurement Baseline.
* Creation and Maintenance of the Project Business Rhythm.
* Point of contact for both Suppliers and Clients.
* Attendance and Presentation of Schedule Information for client and management reviews.
* Creation of project status reports and slide decks
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* A strong individual who will ensure that best planning practice is always adhered to, even in occasional pressurised situations.
* Proven understanding of all aspects of Earned Value Management (EVM)
* The ability to quickly pick up new tool sets and processes, with good analytical skills.
* Proven ability to analyse schedules and cost data for impending difficulties and clearly communicate to Project Manager/Control Account Manager.
* Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Working knowledge of and experience in MS Project 2007/2010 or similar scheduling tools.
* Working knowledge of and experience in SAP cost planning & reporting
* Experience in the development, maintenance and control of complex event-driven Integrated Master Schedules (IMS).
* Experience in planning and scheduling in complex design and development programmes (preferably MoD or Defence related) and be able to understand and work with a technical and skill-diverse team
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.