4 months ago
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
The Project Plan and Control Specialist works as a Master Scheduler and has responsibility to the Program Management Organization as a data administrator to support planning, master scheduling, earned value, cost, and change control process implementation on unique and/or non-routine development projects and programs. Supports a Program or Project Manager to establish cost accounts for cost analysis and reporting. Monitor and analyze project metrics, including but not limited to: risk, cost, schedule, resources, and project changes. Facilitates project communications at all organizational levels through progress/performance reporting. Must be proficient in cost and pricing as well as building and maintaining complex databases.
Scope/Supervision and Interaction:
____ Has Direct Reports __X__ Does Not Have Direct Reports
Individual contributor at an expert level MS Project scheduling skills to support multiple development project or program management teams at multiple sites. Has frequent and regular interaction with functional management and identified internal resources. Ability to perform at a high level with cost tools such as COBRA or PRISM. Ability to interact and communicate well with internal and external customers or suppliers.
1. Sets up the cost control system on unique and non-routine development projects and programs. Monitors, validates, and controls costs and schedules and completes variance analysis. Identifies trends impacting project performance.
2. Performs analyses EVM - and Earned Value; establishes complex project plans for Earned Value; measure variances and create customized reports to ensure that contracts are within negotiated project management related parameters. Analyzes varied and complex cost data to determine projected overruns or shortfalls to the project baseline.
3. Takes initiative to recommend and implement actions based on interpreting data and projecting impact of alternative solutions. Advises project and functional management on actions taken and potential consequences.
4. Prepares and implements MS Office project plans with cross-functional inputs to ensure program requirements and statement of work are fulfilled. Performs frequent and detailed schedule risk assessments to identify and mitigate project cost overruns and scheduling risks.
5. Incorporates contractual changes directly into the project control system by evaluating work to be completed against each contract compared to budgeted development cost and schedule baselines.
6. Advises functional teams and influences resource allocation decisions by providing guidance and solutions based on an integrated master project schedule(s).
7. Serves as a key contributor for data administration and cost and risk analysis during program reviews and customer meetings.
8. In conjunction with the Project Manager ensures project compliance with applicable regulations (e.g. FAA, FAR) using a compliance matrix and reviewing with contract administration as needed. Takes necessary steps to safeguard company proprietary or competitive information.
9. Initiates appropriate business correspondence and documentation to ensure accurate records of program compliance.
10. Maintains knowledge of current project management and industry standards. Shares specialized knowledge with others. Assigned to provide orientation and to mentor new employees.
· Bachelors degree in Engineering, Sciences, Business or a related program field. Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) certification required, typically within 6 months of assignment; PMI-SP or PMP certification preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through eight or more years of related work experience.
· Thorough understanding, proficiency and a subject matter expert in the project management five stage process.
· Ability to apply in-depth and comprehensive knowledge of project management tools and techniques including: scheduling, cost management, change control, time management, scope and resources, work breakdown structures, risk management, and contracts.
· Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, and other related business tools.
· Specialized knowledge of industry customers, products, technology and processes. Ability to investigate and draw on past practices to develop innovative approaches for new programs.
· Ability to work on complex and/or undefined problems and to quickly identify and address critical issues
· Able to communicate effectively at all organizational levels and present status, action, recommendations, and other detailed project information. Responsive to inquiries from other functional teams and leaders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)