2 months ago
The Project Manager is responsible for leading the successful accomplishment of project objectives by working hand-in-hand with project stakeholders and project team members to plan activities, track progress and resolve critical project issues as they arise, ensuring deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. This Project Manager needs to be agile, creative, and results orientated meshing seamlessly with our entrepreneurial and collaborative culture.
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Education Other: Business Management, Hospitality Management, or related field.
Certification Other: Project Management Professional (PMP) highly preferred.
Years of Experience: Minimum five (5) years of related work experience in Project Management along with strong technical and interpersonal skills. Minimum five (5) years of experience in managing hotel operations (i.e. Hotel Ops, Front Office, Front Services, Bell, Housekeeping, etc.) Experience opening new properties is preferred.
Credit Check: Yes
• Proven project management experience in high-level; visible organization.
• Ability to ask penetrating questions, detect unstated assumptions and resolve conflicts.
• Ability to recognize risk directly related to the success a project and how to mitigate.
• Sound computer skills in MS Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook.
• Proven organizational skills in a high pressure environment.
• Can recognize process improvement opportunities and create workflows that alleviate systemic flaws.
• Professional manner who can liaise at all levels.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid organizational skills including attention to detail.
• Understanding of budgetary constraints.
• Ability to coach and lead others to achieve deliverables.
• Coordinate the execution of assigned projects and initiatives by defining scope and planning steps.
• Develop and maintain project documentation, work plans and deliverables, understanding the use and cost of resources.
• Work with key stakeholders to coordinate internal and external resources to execute projects.
• Utilize project and process management best practices and tools to enhance execution including but not limited to: (1) defining the project scope and objectives, (2) plan to monitor and track progress, (3) measure performance, (4) risk mitigation, and (5) time line escalation.
• Track and report progress of projects (time and cost) ensuring that projects meet objectives on-time and under budget.
• Apply superior analytical assessment and problem-solving skills to resolve issues, as needed.
• Facilitate change requests to ensure that all participants are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
• Develop relationships with all areas of the organization, as well as third party vendors and suppliers associated with the project(s).
• Motivate key stakeholders, as well as cross-discipline teams to meet project timelines.
• Other duties, as assigned
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Mate to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Office - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, and use hands and fingers to operate a computer, key board, printer, and phone. May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 20 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24 hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to moderate noise (i.e. business office with computers, phones, printers, and foot traffic), temperature and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
No visa sponsorship is available for this position.
Licenses & Certifications