10 months ago
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
Manages and is accountable for the project management, contract performance, and internal interface of assigned Parker projects. Manages small development, capital projects, or portions of larger projects. Serves as the focal point to all stakeholders, both internal and external, for the project(s). Project scope is generally evaluated based on non-recurring engineering (NRE) cost of the project(s).
Individual contributor reporting into either a Program Manager, or Business Team leader. Primarily responsible for providing leadership to a matrix team. Maintains contact with the customer and with internal teams on a regular basis.
1. Ensures customer requirements are met and are in the best interests of Parker by creating the program charter, baseline plan, and other program management components. Ensures that the cost basis and/or pricing is correct by evaluating resource requirements, and performing risk analysis. As described by AGS PRM-01 (Program Management Policy).
2. Plans tasks in conjunction with established project and contractual goals and objectives.
3. Proposes recommendations for changes and executes project charter for defined area of responsibility.
4. Identifies and addresses critical issues and leads the development of action plans to improve project performance (e.g. scope, schedule, cost, risk, quality, etc.).
5. Ensures process compliance across the project team. Facilitates and ensures effective product/technology gate reviews.
6. Communicates project status to Division staff, management, and customer through project/program reviews and elevates issues as required.
7. Identifies ways to improve project productivity and/or implementation of appropriate project management methodologies.
8. Determines and negotiates resource allocations with functional managers and monitors/maintains budgetary controls.
9. Monitors and assesses baseline budget and integrated schedule performance in coordination with related team members or functional management.
U.S. CITIZEN OR PERMANENT RESIDENT ALIEN STATUS IS REQUIRED FOR THIS ROLE
· BA/BS degree in engineering, science, business, or a related field is required.
* Formal project management training (e.g. PMI methodology) required; professional certification (PMP or CAPM) required, typically within 6 months of assignment.
· Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of the job typically acquired through eight or more years related work experience; including two or more years leading multiple projects of varying complexity and scope.
· Prior cross-functional and business experience with high-technology customers, products, and processes preferred.
· Working knowledge of the Project Management five stage process. Knowledge of and demonstrated experience applying formal PM tools and techniques (e.g. scheduling, cost management, change control, risk management, etc.)
· Proficient with the majority of project management tools, including, but not limited to: scheduling, cost management, change control, time management, scope and resources, work breakdown structures, and risk management.
· Ability to communicate and serve as the customer advocate to fulfill requirements; provides assistance to resolve problems encountered by the project team.
· Effective use of interpersonal and presentation skills and negotiation principles with varied audiences.
· Proficiency with financial analysis (e.g. cost breakdowns, risk analysis, budget, etc). Experience with cost, contract terms and conditions, and profit decisions.
· Working knowledge of regulatory compliance and industry practices. Takes steps to safeguard Parker competitive information and intellectual property.
· Ability to support and develop the project team through training and individual coaching.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)