8 months ago
AMETEK, Inc. is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with 2015 sales of $ 4.5 billion. AMETEK has over 15,000 colleagues at more than 120 manufacturing locations around the world.
AMETEK is a New York Stock Exchange-listed company (ticker symbol: AME) and a recent addition to the S&P 500. We strive to recognize, appreciate, and value diversity within our corporate culture.
The Project Manager is responsible for:
• Execution and completion of projects for the company.
• Oversee, control and be responsible for all aspects of the installation from project concept to final closeout.
• Possess the organizational skills to manage customer expectations while completing several large (and typically complex) projects simultaneously.
• Completion of the project on time and to the satisfaction of the customer as well as keeping the project on budget and meeting the goals of the company.
• Meet with sales and project engineer to review project scope before equipment documents/infrastructure submittals are prepared and delivered to design professionals.
• Set deadline for internal project engineering to be complete on the job (pre or post submittal approval depending on project timetable)
• Evaluate, source and release equipment and materials to purchasing to be ordered – notify Regional Manager of large job purchases for review ($200k+) before release.
• Using project and accounting software to track labor/material costs and keep records for review with Management. PM responsible for keeping all projects under budget in material/labor.
• Manage assigned personnel that include Site Supervisor, lead techs, technicians and subcontractors to meet project requirements.
• Coordinate and process any project change orders.
• Work with accounting/administration to ensure accurate and timely billing to customer.
• Insure closeout documentation is provided to the customer per the contract and any internal project closeout documents.
Education: Bachelor degree in a Technical Field or Construction.
Experiences: 3+ years
-Excellent verbal and written communications skills
-Ability to stay on schedule and follow up on tasks.
-Strong technical/organizational skills
-Experience with Microsoft projects or equivalent. PMP preferred.
-Ability to multi-task effectively
-Proficiency in the use of personal computers including such programs as Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Competencies: Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work with diverse groups
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.