Project Manager - Bristol
Exciting new Permanent opportunity for a Project Manager based in Bristol.
Following a recent expansion, our global defence client is currently looking to expand their Team in Hertfordshire with an experienced Project Manager to join their Project Business Team in Bristol.
As a Project Manager, you will need to:
* Lead the multi-disciplinary Project Business Team (PBT).
* Develop and maintain key relationships with the customer and other external agencies.
* Define and maintain the Project Management Plan, including definition of work breakdown structure, cost collection structure and other management plans.
* Establish and implement effective project management processes, tools and reporting mechanisms on achievement of the programme and budgets.
* Provide a focus for On-Time delivery within Project area
* Generation and implementation of programme business improvement and competitiveness strategies.
* Ensure that contract budgets are planned, loaded and controlled in accordance with the defined management plans.
* Manage and control contract cost at completions and cash flow, maximising margin and agreeing margin adjustment criteria.
* Prepare and maintain contract risk and opportunity optimisation plans associated manage the associated contingency budgets.
Co-ordinate interfaces with internal functions and directorates.
* Support the B&PM Exec and sector B&PM team on the commercial and legal integrity of contracts with the customer and effective management of the supply base.
* Work as part of the bid team with Sales and Business Development in the winning of new domestic and export Contracts.
Skills and Knowledge:
Strong project and risk management skills and knowledge.
* Sound business judgement.
* Technical appreciation of complex problems.
* Strong communication and motivational skills.
* Project management experience, covering financial, commercial, engineering and project areas.
Problem Solving Challenges
* Managing across international and functional boundaries, balancing technical excellence with business needs.
* Identifying and resolving conflicts on resource priority with other projects.
* Management of change within project teams.
* Encouraging open and honest communications between team members.
* Improving consistency of bids and proposals.
* Performance Indicators
* Business Plan targets and stretch targets achieved.
* Control of Project Cost at Completion.
* Contract margin improvement achieved.
* Review mechanisms and processes established and communicated.
* Risks registers completed, understood and mitigation launched.
* Opportunities registered and benefits realised.
* Topical and accurate workload forecast maintained for area.
* Strong relationships developed with Stakeholders including Customer(s).
* Proposals for new contracts successfully approved.
You will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and
commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff.