5 months ago
The Project Engineering Coordinator is responsible for supporting the Program Manager in coordination of both technical and maintenance program activities. Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports. Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. The PEC develops mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving; working internally with the program team, technical resources, production, procurement, OEMs and others. The PEC may also provide key communication and technical assistance to customer representatives.
While programs may have differing requirements for project engineering coordination, typical responsibilities include:
Understand, plan and execute technical and maintenance activities in accordance with company policies, procedures, FAA and technical and industry standards.
Oversight of multiple engineering and sustainment disciplines to guide design, testing, maintenance and installation needs on specialized platforms.
May provide oversight for procurement and repair and return processes to ensure that all materials are purchased or repaired and coordinated according to production and program needs.
Supports the installation, integration, maintenance and testing of equipment on specialized platforms.
Coordinates periodic testing, scheduled and unscheduled maintenance to ensure proper equipment and aircraft operation and understand aircraft and system operation.
Lead the technical activities of engineers and maintainers and coordinate operations/maintenance.
Interface with customers and sub-contractors to oversee the generation of internal specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports or other documentation in support of customer requirements.
Plan and execute engineering design, development, maintenance and production activities consistent with customer quality, cost and schedule requirements.
Complete, track, file and accurately manage all documentation associated with directed and implied assignments.
Establish and maintain necessary channels of communication, internally and externally to assure total program awareness including key elements such as customer relations and timely recognition/resolution of potential problems.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Experience in positions involving design and development of system architectures, hardware configuration items or software configuration items similar to those required in SNC development programs is typical.
* 6+ years of related experience.
* Familiarity with (maintenance/operations) planning, purchasing, production, shipping/receiving, repair and return and quality assurance functions is highly desirable.
* Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related work history required.
* This position requires current/active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.