4 months ago
Project Engineering Associate Manager
Job ID: 453796BR Date posted: Sep. 25, City: Edwards AFB State: CaliforniaProgram: F-35/8A/ALIS
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This individual will perform as JSF F-35 Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) Deputy Site Manager at Edwards AFB, CA.
This position will interface with ALIS and Off-board Mission Systems (OMS) technical leads, SMEs, and administrator personnel to oversee and manage day-to-day technical priorities, operational issues, training, and ensure processes and checklists are properly administered and documented.
Interface with multiple internal and external customers to address operational needs and ALIS resource allocation.
Responsible for L-code personnel management of ALIS administrators in this region (LM Commit, expense report and timecard approval, employee retention and training) and reports to the Edwards ALIS Site Manager.
Individual may have a System Administrator Lead, Database Administrator (DBA), and/or Software/System Engineer background.
In a System Administrator role capacity, responsible for providing the overall onsite maintenance and support of the system. The System Administrator serves as the primary point of contact for any questions or concerns raised by users.
Administrative responsibilities include updating systems and software consistent with the Patch Management Plan, Application troubleshooting/assistance performing backup and recovery, and monitoring system performance. In case of a security incident, the System Administrator assists Security in investigating the incident, assessing system impacts, and restoring the system to normal operation.
System Administrator will perform duties to include the following: Backup/Restore/Disaster Recovery, Hardware/System Monitoring, System/Software/User Maintenance.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and acts as Subject Matter Expert for use of product suite. Coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources. Monitors and reviews security audit logs. Also, this candidate will serve as the point of contact to for the JSF Squadrons discussion during the flight, evaluation and maintenance activities.
The selected applicant selected may be required to work at deployed locations, work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week.
Position may be eligible for a bonus program, additional detail will be provided.
Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance, last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last six years. Candidates must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
In addition to the following:
1) Strong systems & software engineering and/or system administration process background
2) Prior proven leadership experience
3) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Base Leadership (e.g. Officers and executive management)
4) Self Starter & the ability to multitask
5) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
6) Must hold an active Final DoD Secret clearance (in scope) and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
7) Must be willing to work off hours depending on operational needs
8) Must be willing to travel to operational sites depending on operational needs, to include supporting deployments
9) Must be able to obtain and retain DoD IAT Level II certification
10) Time zone differences may require adjusted shift schedule as necessary to participate in telecons or VTCs with external agencies
1) Prior leadership and people management, to include employee recruitment/retention, selection & training, performance assessment, work assignment, salary, recognition/disciplinary actions, & career development
2) Proven Project Lead Management/experience and demonstrated ability to provide project leadership in a diverse virtual team environment
3) Excellent communication to all levels of the organization including external customers and LM Executives
4) Prior hands-on knowledge of JSF F-35 Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) system, including an in-depth understanding of the Architecture, Design and Deployments plans
5) Field Service experience (with Software/Hardware deployments, Information Assurance process/documentation, ALIS software products including Computerized Maintenance Management Software (CMMS), Customer Relationship Management –AR process, Supply Chain Management (SCM) as well as JSF fighter operations/knowledge is preferred)
6) System integration expertise
7) Demonstrated knowledge of LM Program Performance Management Process, Program/Service Life-cycles and related processes
8) Strong business acumen, influence management and whole systems thinking skills
9) Ability to collaborate with and integrate multi-functional teams
10) Full software life cycle for flight, ground, database, and simulation software development. Systems engineering experience on major development program
11) Prior Database Administration and/or Database Development experience 12) COTS/developed software skills
13) Software Engineering background and experience
14) Integration & Test experience
15) Certified in Security+
16) Prior Control Account Manager (CAM) experience
17) Demonstrated system administration skills, to include:
a) Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Storage Area Network (SAN), logical unit number (LUN) and host bus adapter (HBA) Hardware
b) Setting up configuring and troubleshooting all aspects that make up Internet Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (Routing, Fail Over, etc.)
c) Working knowledge of Networked Attached Storage (NAS) and supported protocols
d) Engineering skills required for maintaining Enterprise Server Racks
e) Strong Working knowledge of SSL/VPN security architecture with integration into multi-layered Firewall architecture
f) Ability to work with EMC storage configuration tools (Navisphere, Visual SAN, Fabric Manager)
g) Performing System Virtual Volume Imaging and Recovery, Disk to Disk/DR and Disk to Tape
h) Understanding of Network Open System Interconnection (OSI) Model Layers
i) Backups of Physical servers (Windows 2003 OS), virtual machines, ESX server
j) Disaster recovery/restores
k) Hardware/System Monitoring of physical and virtual servers
l) System Maintenance - scheduled upgrades/maintenance, startup and shutdown of rack components
m) Software Maintenance – applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, and patch updates
n) User Account Maintenance (Active Directory)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Systems Engineering: Other Clearance Level: Secret with an investigation within 5 years Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First