6 months ago
As our Innovation Projects Lead, you will function as a subject-matter expert to guide and advise our customer on lean-startup based innovative approaches and methodologies to the design of complex systems. The work performance location for this position is at the Aerospace Data Facility – Colorado (ADF-C) on Buckley AFB in Aurora, CO.
Project Engineers report to Program Managers and work in concert with the program System Engineer, engineering team, operations team, sub-contracts/contracts team, and all other program elements in execution of a program. Acts as the central communication point for all internal (and external at PM direction) personnel to ensure that the proper communication channels are established and all personnel have the information they need to execute the program. Functions as the primary interface between the program technical team, procurement, and operations.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Educate and train workforce members on leadership and management in high-uncertainty environments, emphasizing innovative acquisition, design, Lean Startup, and product management methodologies.
* Coach and mentor teams as they use those methodologies to develop value statements, business models, minimum viable products, and iterative improvements to prototypes and products.
* Work with leadership and teams to help them define the problem they are trying to solve using the three pillars of a problem (desirability, feasibility, viability), and develop their value proposition for their project or organization.
* General understanding of modern innovation practices and how to incorporate entrepreneurial concepts into a large organization.
* Walk teams through developing the assumptions around their project to understand the customer's "job to be done" and then defining experiments to go validated potential solutions.
* Understand, plan, and execute communication activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions
* Interface with Customers to generate Statements of Work, Concept of Operations documents, and/or systems specifications, and oversee the generation of internal specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of Customer requirements
* With internal support from affected functional organizations, provides estimates of labor hours and material dollars required to accomplish design, development, and production activities. Negotiate cost/schedule/quality requirements with Customer consistent with scope of work
* Interface with all program personal to ensure necessary lines of communication are open and information is flowing as required
* Interface directly with procurement to ensure parts/assemblies are purchased and available to support the master build plan as defined in the Operations Program Plan (OPP)
* Acts as the interface between engineering and procurement in the identification of long lead parts and part changes required due to lead times
* Interfaces directly with schedulers to ensure any program impact due to parts availability is understood and incorporated into project plans
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Requires a BS Business, Engineering or in a related technical field.
* 10+ years experience.
* Must possess an active TS/SCI clearance with CI Polygraph
* Experience with definition and/or development on large scale systems
* Experience working with and implementing lean startup methodologies
* Excellent oral and written communication skills to convey technical and/or programmatic assessments
* Ability to work in a dynamic environment with shifting work priorities
* Creative thinking; formulation of ideas/strategies to react to a variety of existing and emerging acquisition complexities and Customer Priorities
* Flexibility and Time Management - Ability to work efficiently in a dynamic environment with constantly shifting priorities and needs
* 5 years experience in the acquisition of new systems and developing and analyzing system concepts, assessing system design options, analyzing mission and requirements
* Experience developing program plans for the acquisition of ground systems based on satellite developments (scope definition, cost estimation, schedule analysis etc.)
* Experience working within or closely with Acquisition Offices; SETA and/or SE&I experience
* Self starter with ability to create guidance and plans based on limited guidance/information
* An average of four to twelve years of experience in positions involving design and development of system architectures, hardware configuration items, or software configuration items similar to those required in SNC development programs is typical
* Strong communication and inter-personal skills
* Ability to understand detailed Integrated Master Schedules and provide feedback on dependencies
* Detail oriented
* Familiarity with (operations) planning, purchasing, production, shipping/receiving, and quality assurance functions is highly desirable
* This position requires current/active TS/SCI with CI Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement.
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.