5 months ago
Project Engineers report to Program Managers and work in concert with the program System Engineer, engineering team, operations team, sub-contracts/contracts team, and all other program elements in execution of a program. Acts as the central communication point for all internal (and external at PM direction) personnel to ensure that the proper communication channels are established and all personnel have the information they need to execute the program. Functions as the primary interface between the program technical team, procurement, and operations.
PMAP PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Understand, plan, and execute communication activities in accordance with SNC policies, procedures, and work instructions
Interface with Customers to generate Statements of Work, Concept of Operations documents, and/or systems specifications, and oversee the generation of internal specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of Customer requirements
With internal support from affected functional organizations, provides estimates of labor hours and material dollars required to accomplish design, development, and production activities. Negotiate cost/schedule/quality requirements with Customer consistent with scope of work
Interface with all program personal to ensure necessary lines of communication are open and information is flowing as required
Interface directly with procurement to ensure parts/assemblies are purchased and available to support the master build plan as defined in the Operations Program Plan (OPP)
Acts as the interface between engineering and procurement in the identification of long lead parts and part changes required due to lead times
Interfaces directly with schedulers to ensure any program impact due to parts availability is understood and incorporated into project plans
TMAP PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
Plan and execute engineering design, development, and production activities consistent with Customer quality, cost and schedule requirements
This includes generation of Engineering Program Plans (EPPs) in accordance with the Technical Management and Planning (TMAP) process, part of SNC's Integrated Product Development Process (IPDP)
Communication point for all program team members
Schedule and conduct Gate 5-11 reviews in accordance with the approved EPP
Tracks drawing release schedule to ensure it meets Integrated Master Schedule deadlines in support of procurement need dates
Ensure technical CDRLs are prepared and submitted in accordance with the contract requirements
OMAP PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITES INCLUDE:
Communication point for all program team members
Work with planning and procurement to track vendor delivery dates to ensure they meets Integrated Master Schedule deadlines in support of the approved OPP
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Requires a BS in Related Field.
* 10+ years of related experience.
* An average of four to twelve years of experience in positions involving design and development of system architectures, hardware configuration items, or software configuration items similar to those required in SNC development programs is typical
* Strong communication and inter-personal skills
* Ability to understand detailed Integrated Master Schedules and provide feedback on dependencies
* Detail oriented
* Familiarity with (operations) planning, purchasing, production, shipping/receiving, and quality assurance functions is highly desirable
* This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret U.S. Security Clearance. U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs to obtain U.S. Security Clearance for employment. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement
* To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.