about 1 month ago
Project Engineer Senior Staff
Job ID: 479022BR Date posted: Apr. 09, City: Littleton State: Colorado
Description:As we enter a new era of Space exploration, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unrivaled skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus - if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
If you are a hardworking, self-starter, eager to learn in a dynamic environment, come join our team as a Senior Project Engineer. Your primary focus will be on maintaining the strong track record of stable programs that have highly evolving technical requirements. You will have the pleasure of working together with the skilled leaders who will provide you a wide variety of engagement programs and meaningful work which will help you develop your individual potential and future leadership opportunities. This position will require 25-50% business travel to support various projects.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
• You oversee planning, organization, control, integration and completion of production projects we support within your area of assigned responsibility.
• You lead management of technical projects, problem-solving, and insure effective manufacturing operations.
• You plan and formulate engineering program; review product designs for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements, and related specifications.
• You evaluate and approve design changes, specification, and drawing releases we follow to conduct product manufacturing.
• You coordinate activities concerned with technical developments, scheduling, and resolving engineering design and test problems.
• You will be responsible for project management and facilities planning; ensuring we maintain financial / budget management within project scope.
• You lead initiatives to increase our production and workload efficiencies through process development and optimization.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college with 14 years or more of professional experience; or 12 years of professional experience with a related master’s degree. Considered an expert, authority in discipline.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline: Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or other related discipline. In lieu of degree we will consider equivalent professional of at least 12 or more years experience.
• EVM management and cost and schedule integration.
• Reading and interpreting assembly drawings and industry specifications.
• Creating and maintaining manufacturing work instructions.
• Capital requirements planning and management.
• General computer skills (MS Office Suite Software).
• A current active Secret clearance or higher at time of application is highly desired.
• Familiarity with SAP/VE-CAMS (Qnotes, Routings, Bills of material).
• 5 years of aerospace or defense manufacturing experience.
• Lean or Six Sigma experience.
• Development manufacturing environment experience.
• New Process development and experience validating processes for flight applications.
• Experience with Design of Experiments.
• Manufacturing and test preplanning
• Facilities planning and execution
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS4400 SPACE Relocation Available: No Career Area: Manufacturing Clearance Level: None Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: 9x80A-9,9,9,9,8 hrs/d in wk1, /9,9,9,9,off in wk2 Shift: First