4 months ago
Project Engineer Senior
Job ID: 466989BR Date posted: Jan. 22, City: Fort Worth State: Texas
Description:This Project Engineering position in the F-35 Engineering Project Office (EPO) will provide technical integration to the Sustainment Mod/Retrofit Follow-on Modernization or Continuous Capability Development and Delivery (C2D2) Program.
The project engineer will be responsible for providing technical integration, planning, constraint management, development of requirements, business case development, and program management cost estimates for C2D2 scouts and alternatives. The project engineer will also aid in the development of a fleet configuration management plan.
This role is high visibility and has impacts on major program priorities such as the continued mission effectiveness and relevance of the F-35 air system.
The candidate should also be comfortable mentoring newer Project Engineers and responding to questions from F-35 leaders on mods in their area of focus.
Engineering or Technical Bachelor's degree required
Experience in program and / or project management.
Production, Sustainment, Design, or Systems Engineering Experience
• Systems, Aerospace, Mechanical, Project Engineering or Program Management, Project Management, Configuration Management Experience
• Good communication skills preferred, as the position requires interfacing with internal and external customers to report technical, and scheduling status.
• Experience working in teams and interfacing with external customers, and experience in project management skill sets desired.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity with MS Project or other scheduling tools
• Database experience is a plus
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS0343 AERONAUTICS COMPANY Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Aeronautical Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: FLEX9x80A-Friday off in 2nd week w/flex hrs/day Shift: First