8 months ago
Project Engineer III
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
The successful candidate will lead a 3-5 member cross-functional team or multiple small engineering teams from requirements definition (IPDS Phase 3) through completion of qualification (IPDS Phase 5). This position includes responsibility for technical leadership, cost control for an annual budget as high as $1M, schedule execution, milestone management and customer/PM interface to meet key aircraft development milestones.
Honeywell Aerospace is a leading global provider of integrated avionics, engines, systems and service solutions for aircraft manufacturers, airlines, military, space and airport operations.
This is an exciting time to join the mechanical components engineering team as we develop new products for aircraft and engine modernizations within the commercial aviation industry.
The A&TC organization within the MS&C business has an opening in the Component Project Engineering group for a talented engineering leader with a product development background.
Technical Problem Solving
Customer and Leadership Communication
Hardware Build and Test Execution
Schedule, Budget and Milestone dev. and management
YOU MUST HAVE
• Must be a US Citizen due to Export restrictions
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or related discipline.
• Some engineering experience
• Candidates with aircraft systems, turbine engine and/or related aerospace mechanical component experience are preferred
• Experience in hardware/component development programs.
• Technical knowledge of applicable products (valves, engines, aircraft systems, etc).
• Effectively demonstrates ability to deliver on complex situations or problems with some guidance and supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills. Skilled in conveying technical ideas and concepts through team discussions, presentations and in writing.
• Goal oriented in meeting performance, schedule and budget requirements. Monitors own activities and the activities of team members, ensuring that tasks are appropriately defined, supported and achieved in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated ability to use business tools to achieve project planning and cost objectives using EVMS.
• Strong problem solving ability.
• Dedicated to customer satisfaction and demonstrated capability to establish and maintain strong business relationships with suppliers, customers and co-workers.
• Conveys information with clarity and directness, ensuring the message is understood across diverse, global teams.
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Why Our Employees Chose Aerospace
* Some Travel Required
* Continued Professional Development
* Relocation Provided
* Job ID: HRD20329
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 1300 W Warner Rd., Tempe, AZ 85284 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.