over 2 years ago
Job Code :
Corona CA US 92882
% of Travel Required :
Job Type :
Career Level :
Engineering -> Process/Process Control, Project Management, Aerospace, Mechanical
Job Description :
PROJECT ENGINEER - Aerospace
Thermal Structures, a subsidiary of HEICO Corporation, a NYSE traded company, has thrived by serving niche segments of the aviation, defense, space and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO’s high-energy culture focuses our Team Members on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world’s airlines and the defense industry. Our leadership approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our Team Members to perform their best. Forbes Magazine recently ranked HEICO as one of the 100 “Best Small Companies” and 200 “Hot Shot Stocks”.
Thermal Structures, Inc. has become the industry leader in thermal protection by providing products and support that exceeds customer expectations. Our challenge is to design and manufacture heat shield solutions for even the most complex applications. From concept to completion, we have the resources to meet this challenge with products that offer world class quality and value.
Thermal Structures is currently recruiting a Project Engineer for their Corona, CA facility. The Project Engineer is carries out the goals of the Engineering department under the direction of the Engineering Manager.
The following is a list of tasks which are included in the Project Engineer's responsibilities:
* Discuss product applications with customers and offer techincal solutions
* Review customer requirements in the form of drawings and/or other information and select the product materials and manufacturing methods which will meet the needs of the customer.
* Prepare TSI drawings to describe the company's product and/or work with the customer to ensure that
* their drawings adequately describe the product to be made
* Prepare all documents needed by tooling and manufacturing departments in order to build tooling, make parts and inspect parts
* Support the Marketing departments quotation efforts by estimating resources, materials and
* determining the feasibility for potential projects.
* Direct programs to develop new materials, manufacturing techniques or products
* Keep abreast of industry developments, especially in the areas of materials and manufacturing processes
* Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the Engineering Manager
Job Requirements :
* BS Degree in Engineering
* 2-5 years aerospace / mechanical engineering experience is preferred
* Experience with mechanical drafting and GD&T is required
* Knowledge of basic structural, thermal, and modal analysis of mechanical components is required
* A high attention to detail is required
* Must be flexible in handling multiple tasks
* Must have excellent organizational, analytical, and communication skills
Under the Foreign Trade Regulations of the U.S., this position can only be offered to a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident Alien, or Individual Granted Asylum.
No relocation expenses will be paid This is a great position for someone who loves challenges, a chance to learn an exciting business, and looking for an opportunity to contribute to the growth of a dynamic division. Thermal Structures, Inc. offers competitive compensation & benefit package, including: an excellent 401K plan, health insurance, profit-sharing, etc.