about 1 month ago
Responsible for all Engineering aspects of the implementation of assigned projects. Coordinates engineering projects in terms of budget, schedule, performance and certification requirements. A leader in the organization with important influence on all technical. Aids in ensuring adherence to contracts, system or product specifications, FAA and Quality standards. Follows and improves processes and ensures team discipline and adherence. A key member of the technical staff, this position is highly influential in the development and direction of the organization. As such, the position should bring new ideas to work. Contribution on a personal or individual level as well as the leadership role is required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
* Defines, manages, and provides technical leadership to commercial or military projects within the Engineering Department to assure technical project compliance with budget, schedule and performance. Performs these tasks by applying and administering system engineering (stage gate) process for product development. Services as key member involved in communication of project status and direction, providing a single point-of-contact for projects and/or products including Project Manager, Certification and Quality interface.
* Tracks engineering projects from original concept through final implementation and approvals. Defines project scope based on SOW provided from customer via United Rotorcraft program management; generates resource plans, panel charts and provides status reports. Load and maintain schedule/budget requirements in scheduling and earned value management software. Report status of projects to Engineering and Project Managers. Writes plans, reports and both technical and administrative documentation to support the process and projects. Uses PC tools to manage track and convey technical aspects: Outlook, Project, Word and Excel
* Develops technical quotes to support Engineering Support Requests (ESR) and project requirements. Focus on maintaining projects within budget and schedule milestones by means of strict compliance to documented requirements and impacting any and all change requests. Aids in providing quotes to Project Manager and Marketing as directed by Engineering Manager
* Coordinates project staffing and technical requirements by coordinating with Engineering Manager, Certification Manager and ODA to help determine project man-loading and technical requirements and synergize associated inputs. Request allocation of technical resources from Engineering Manager
* Coordinates schedule certification requirements. Provides technical support for fabrication and certification activities. Develop, coordinate, oversee and document testing activities. Assists with ODA and Manufacturing testing, as required. Interface with all areas affected by the project including, but not limited to, outside suppliers, test houses, end users, management, and end customers. Follows up and coordinates with Certification and ODA efforts and tasks to ensure a timely closure of STC projects.
* Leads and motivates team members/other project engineers as needed, to ensure timely problem solving and schedule adherence. Mentors other less experienced engineering personnel as needed
* Other Duties as assigned.
Additional Job Requirements
* Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling 1%
* Regular Attendance is Expected
Subject to applicable laws and Air Method’s policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Air Methods’ employment practices and policies.
This is a lead engineering role, and the candidate is responsible for serving as a team leader. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities such as hiring, firing, and compensation plan development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Air Methods will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
Education & Experience
* Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Aerospace or related engineering field from four-year college or university; and seven to ten years’ related industry experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Professional Engineer and/or Master’s degree (M.A.) in Mechanical, Aeronautical, Aerospace or related engineering field preferred
* 7-10 years project/program management experience
* 7-10 years previous experience in project management, design, analysis and certification of aircraft systems working with engineering staffs of military and civilian aircraft manufacturers
* Analysis, design and development experience in aviation field preferred
* Strong knowledge and understanding of design process and manufacturing processes
* Strong business acumen with the ability to understand business situations, strategies, theory, processes, management, budgeting and operations
* Ability to multi-task efficiently, works in a fast paced environment on multiple projects, and has a strong attention for detail
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to be a team player with a professional attitude
* Strong interpersonal skills and a high degree of collaboration at all levels
* Experience with CAD software (Solid works /Auto Cad preferred)
* Proficient with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
“Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.”
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.