7 days ago
L3 Applied Defense Solutions currently has an opening for a Project Controller at our Columbia, MD headquarters.
The Project Controller participates in the planning, tracking, analysis and reporting of performance on projects of varying contract type, size, complexity and level of risk. The position will have significant interface with Project Managers as well as other functional organizations including contracts/subcontract management, finance and procurement management.
This position will report directly to the Project Control Manager. Typical duties include:
* Effectively communicate with Project Managers (PM) regarding contract documents, change orders and other contract modifications, approvals, and any additional services-related to billing.
* Provides cost, schedule and funding planning, reporting, monitoring and analysis support to Program Managers including Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and development of time-phased budgets and schedules.
* Assists with project set up in compliance with contractual terms, conditions, and requirements.
* Assists in project set up and people assignments in Deltek Costpoint.
* Assists in the preparation of program financial Estimates at Complete (EAC) and meet deadlines for submission requirements.
* Identify project risks and opportunities and provide analytical contribution in working resolution with PM, Contracts, Procurement and Finance/Accounting.
* Monitors costs and manpower on a weekly basis ensuring that actuals are within budget and charged to the correct job number.
* Performs analytical review and arithmetic checks of cost reporting documentation.
* Prepares accurate and complete variance analysis and reporting.
* Prepares/Supports Project Management Review (PMR) presentations for management.
* Prepares financial Contract Data Requirements (CDRL) for programs. Ensure contractual requirements are met and customer financial deliverables are accurate and on time.
* Performs ad-hoc financial analysis on the contract as requested by CFO or PMs.
* Monitors funding status, providing reliable and timely notification of funding status by line item detail as required.
* Supports accounts receivable as required during the billing processing. Monitor billing status and unbilled issues, working with Finance, Contracts, Accounting and PMs to resolve issues in a timely manner.
* Assists in the preparation of subcontractor and vendor accruals as services/goods are received in accordance with GAAP and internal policies to ensure that the project's cost/commitment is accurately captured and reported internally and externally.
* Ensures program revenue and profit is recorded in compliance with the EAC.
* Analyzes profit risks and opportunities.
* Performs additional related assignments as needed.
* 3+ years of related experience in accounting operations for government contracts and a solid understanding of procurement best practices.
* Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or business or related field.
* Knowledge and experience with Deltek Costpoint accounting software particularly in Deltek CostPoint Project Set Up and People Assignment modules.
* Knowledge of federal acquisition laws and regulations, including the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFAR) and agency specific regulations.
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills, including experience in MS Word, MS Excel, and accounting software.
* Familiarity of standard government contract terms and contract types (i.e. CPFF, FFP, T&M, Cost-Reimbursement, Labor- Hour).
* Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
* Ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities and see projects through to completion.
* Prior procurement (or closely related) experience a plus.
* Knowledge and experience with Unanet accounting software.
* Top Secret Security clearance (or ability to obtain a TS security clearance).
* Work with aggressive timelines, in a team environment with a willingness to learn and grow.
L3 Applied Defense Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
L3 is a prime contractor in aerospace systems and national security solutions. L3 is also a leading provider of a broad range of communication and electronic systems and products used on military and commercial platforms.
L3 Applied Defense Solutions (ADS) is a highly-specialized Technical Services and Solutions group that applies our operational experience and development knowledge to provide unique subject matter expertise and to build highly effective mission critical systems for its' customers. L3 ADS addresses the space systems, national security space, geospatial information systems, and modeling & simulation markets for the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, Civil Space, and the Commercial Space Industry. L3 ADS has on-going work spanning the full project life cycle from mission concept studies, research & development, system development & integration, mission planning, and mission operations across multiple satellite orbit regimes (LEO, HEO, GEO, lunar, and interplanetary).
During the history of our group, our highly technical staff has operational experience flying more than 50 satellites including past and future NASA science missions (IBEX, LCROSS, LADEE, CPOD, OCO-2, TESS and CYGNSS), military communications satellites, and commercial imagery satellites. The partnership and collaboration among the L3 ADS staff possessing a broad range of skills and a diverse set of background experiences make the L3 ADS team a dynamic and exciting place to work.
We offer a competitive benefits package for Full-time and Part-time employees to include: paid holidays, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long and short-term disability and company paid life insurance, 401(k) Employee Stock Purchase Plan, referral bonuses and tuition reimbursement.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Division - Advanced Programs-20000022
Jan 11, 2019, 4:35:51 PM