about 1 month ago
The Programs Engineering and Reliability Manager analyzes, monitors and recommends improvement to the overall performance of aircraft components for customers under contract with GA Telesis. They also participate in the analysis and generation of the program part number models for incoming bids based on the needs of the airline and the reliability targets set forth.
Reporting to the Director of Programs, the Programs Engineering and Reliability Manager duties include:
* Advise the Program Manager if there is an abnormal trend in technical or reliability performance by monitoring customer part consumption and component teardown analysis.
* Evaluate component performance through the use of MTBUR data, NFF percentages, ECAM messaging, BITE and PFR data, and frequency of removals.
* Prepare continuous customer reports on reliability per program performance targets. Prepare retrofit planning letters in conjunction with Vendor OEM guidelines and contractual arrangements, with specific benefit to cost.
* Create and utilize the engineering database and reports as a tool for gathering information in the preparation for presentations and analysis of performance. He/She shall update the Engineering database from time to time by part number or specific customer accounts to ensure continuous monitoring and accuracy of component reliability.
* Recommend to the customer, in conjunction with the Program Manager, when an investigation is needed on a specific component based on internal analysis or customer request.
* Carry out technical evaluations on Service Bulletins / SIL’s using technical judgment and current data to prepare a technical data evaluation in order to establish whether a modification is beneficial and cost-effective to improve the overall reliability of a component.
* Ensure proper record keeping of all modification campaigns and work orders per part number or customer assigned. The Engineering Manager will maintain a good working relationship with customers and follow up using conference calls, on-site presentations, or email communication.
* Recommend and give advice on the interchangeability of aircraft components with the use of approved manuals.
* Identify rogue units in accordance with OEM repair and NFF guidelines
* Review, together with the Program Manager, current inventory levels to define pool standards and forecast inventory to effectively meet or exceed all program modeling efficiencies, and service level requirements per the customer contract.
* Liaise with Financial Planning team for programs model definition and cost analysis.
* Bachelors of Science degree in Aviation or Aerospace Engineering
* 7+ years’ technical experience in a related field
* Knowledgeable of different aircraft systems such as Airbus, Boeing, Bombardier, and Embraer
* High proficiency in MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access
* Proficiency in other MS Office programs
* Familiar with the use of the Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM), Component Maintenance Manuals (CMM), Parts Catalog and Troubleshooting Manuals (TSM) as well as other relevant technical documents and manuals.
* Good presentation skills and customer service skills.
* Strong analytical and statistical skills
* Multilingual is a plus
About GA Telesis
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, GA Telesis LLC is one of the world’s largest commercial aerospace firms with over $1.0 billion in assets under management.
GA Telesis operates sales, leasing, distribution, and maintenance facilities in the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Finland and China. Over the past fifteen years, GA Telesis has emerged as a global leader in the aerospace industry.
GA Telesis is uniquely positioned to deliver complete global solutions to companies seeking to gain competitive advantages in the industry. Our company is comprised of multiple integrated business units designed to maximize the value of commercial aircraft and engines throughout their entire useful life cycle. Our sales, distribution and maintenance facilities are strategically positioned around the globe and our dedicated professional team extensive relationships and industry experience enables us to execute our strategies.
With the support of our independent shareholders, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and Century Tokyo Leasing Corporation, GA Telesis has the unique ability to acquire, invest, co-invest and maximize the value of aerospace related assets and companies.
GA Telesis offers the highest quality aircraft, engines, components, maintenance and solution-based services available. We have achieved the highest organizational accreditations, including ISO-9001, AS-9120, AS9110, EASO, FAA, EASA and CAAC certifications.