about 1 month ago
Program Manager, Flight Operations - Technical
HDQ - Irving, TX US (Primary)
Mid Level (Management)
Envoy Air Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of the American Airlines Group. With more than 16,000 employees, Envoy is the largest provider of regional flight service to American Airlines. Flying under the American Eagle brand and livery, Envoy provides ground handling services for many American Airlines flights. The Company was founded in 1998 as American Eagle Airlines, Inc. and in 2014, changed its name to Envoy Air Inc. Envoy is headquartered within the Dallas metropolitan area in Irving, TX with large operations in Dallas/Fort Worth, Chicago, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles. At Envoy, we go beyond transporting people from one destination to another. Our goal for employees is to take you where you want to go - whether a short-term stay or a lifelong career. Are you ready for take-off?
The Program Manager reports directly to the Director, Flight Operations - Technical. In this role, the Program Manager acts as a liaison between flight crews, FAA, Training, and Operation management to resolve technical issues regarding airline flight operations. The Program Manager will play a vital role in keeping the FM-1 current, administrating KCM, leading outside audits, and managing various projects in the department. The Program Manager will also interface with the FAA, complete assessments for new airports, help with the Ops Spec approval process, attend industry working groups, oversee the Flight Operations Safety and Steering Committee, Manual Standardization Team, and serve as a company member of the Incident/Accident Investigations.
In this role the candidates must be able to perform all duties under sometimes stressful conditions beyond the employee's control while attempting to influence a favorable impression of Envoy, American Eagle, American Airlines or any other contracted airline service provided by Envoy. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, report to work regularly and on-time, and be self-motivated..
* •Minimum age of 18
* •High school diploma or GED equivalent
* •College degree in a technical field or extensive airline experience
* •Comprehensive knowledge of all FAA rules and regulations
* •Familiarity with all aspects of the day-to-day line operations
* •Must be able to read, write, fluently speak, and understand the English language
* •Possess the legal right to work in the United States
* Previous managerial experience
* Technical writing experience
* Maintain a valid and current passport and be able to obtain any required Visa associated with international travel
* Ability to read and understand technical drawings, directions and manuals
* Extensive understanding with iOS and Electronic Flight Bag operations
* Extensive computer skills including Microsoft Products and some programming would be preferred
Additional Position Details
* Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable.
* Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable.
* This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate’s history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.