3 months ago
Job ID#: 23111BR
Company: General Atomics Aeronautical Systems
Job Title: Program Manager - Aviation Safety Official (ASO)
Job Category: Program/Project Management, Safety
City: San Diego
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Salary
General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Program Manager to lead the Aviation Safety Group at GA-ASI, located in Poway, CA.
This position serves as the Aviation Safety Official (ASO) for specific operating locations along with the overall responsibility for the company Aviation Safety Program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Serve as the Aviation Safety Official for specific GA-ASI locations.
* Maintain oversight of the company Aviation Safety Program.
* Oversee and conduct safety audits at deployed locations to meet company and government requirements.
* Develop and oversee mechanisms to track and report the status of recommended improvements across the company product line and customer base.
* Oversee the continued development and management the aviation safety database.
* Provide leadership, direction, and guidance to employees working in the Aviation Safety Group.
* Identify and assess aviation safety issues and assist in developing solutions to meet safety goals and objectives, while maintaining productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction.
* Investigate problem areas and interface with various engineering, operations, maintenance, and supply personnel to evaluate scope and risk of an issue, gain acceptance of potential recommendations, facilitate customer adoption, and track and status to full issue resolution.
* Lead safety investigations into hazards, incidents, and mishaps. Publish timely safety investigation reports on the outcome of the investigation and recommended corrective actions.
* Provide incident response support. Draft and publish aviation safety memos outlining an issue and its potential solution for delivery to customers.
* Lead presentations to customers and executive management on the technical aspects of an issue, the proposed solution, and the status of implementation.
* Maintain the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
* Responsible for ensuring all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations are observed wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Responsible for ensuring work is accomplished in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
* Other duties as assigned or required
* Typically requires a Bachelor's, Master's or PhD in engineering, science or a related technical field as well as eleven or more years of progressively complex program administration experience with at least five of those years managing programs. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
* Active DoD Secret Security Clearance is required.
* Graduation from a military or FAA approved safety school and designation as an ASO is required.
* Demonstrates technical expertise and application of program management principles, concepts, and practice as well as program management and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling, and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines or milestones.
* Must be able to develop solutions to problems that require coordination of technologies across program requirements.
* Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills are required to enable an effective interface with other departments, all levels of management, professional and support staff, customers, potential customers, and government representatives.
* Customer focused, must be able to work on a self-initiated basis and in a team environment, and able to work extended hours and travel as required.
Travel Percentage Required : 25% - 50%
Clearance Level Secret