5 months ago
The Program Manager organizes and leads cross-functional teams to complete major business initiatives and complex product development programs that support the organization’s business goals. The major responsibility is to align and drive functional activities to achieve on-time, in scope and in budget results for these initiatives and development programs.
More specific duties include:
• Defines and leads program deliverables with a focus towards continuous improvements and productivity gains
• Receives direction of program from Director of Engineering & Business Development and works with cross functional teams to ensure technical feasibility
• Ensures customer requirements, objectives and goals are understood by the entire cross-functional team
• Develops and maintains detailed program plan to track progress of functional tasks, key milestones, program costs, resources and variances
• Coordinates internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of program tasks
• Effectively communicates program goals, strategy, plan and status to the customer and management
• Measures program performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
• Effectively identifies and resolves real-time program shortfalls with team members. Drives and escalates within functions as necessary, to recover schedule, cost or scope impact of these shortfalls.
• Communicate program status and escalates any variances of program to management as needed
• Ensures all program are completed to produce a stable production capability which meets or exceeds customer requirements, provides on-time delivery, eliminates returns and achieves cost target.
•BS degree in engineering/sciences with >5 years experience working in engineering role or >15 years working experience in highly technical & relevant role.
• Requires strong verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively with key stakeholders, including both internal senior management and external business partners
• Possess the desire to “win as a team” and achieving global optimum results
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
• Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams and understanding what each member and function provides to the group and effectively uses their talent to drive program progress and results.
• Strong technical skills with general understanding of engineering, manufacturing, purchasing, quality and sales abilities and disciplines
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Requires solid understanding of fundamental business knowledge and Accounting practices
• Experience in medical devices manufacturing to an ISO 13485 standard or similar desired.
• Experience in an FDA regulatory environment a plus.
• Proven decision making abilities and demonstrated sound judgment.
• Ability to travel – ground and air.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.