5 months ago
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation (NASDAQ: ATRO) serves the world's aerospace, defense, and semiconductor industries with proven, innovative technology solutions. We work side-by-side with customers, integrating our array of power, connectivity, lighting, structure, interior, and test technologies to solve complex challenges. For 50 years, we've delivered creative, customer-focused solutions with exceptional responsiveness. Today global airframe manufacturers, airlines, military branches, completion centers, and Fortune 500 companies rely on the collaborative spirit and innovation of Astronics.
We offer our breadth of technology solutions and services through 11 subsidiary business units and numerous award-winning product brands. Serving our customers is our first priority, and every day we honor this mission with quality, partnership, and energetic global vision.
Production B (PECO)
Astronics-PECO is one of the Pacific Northwest's premier custom product manufacturers and we are seeking Production workers to meet production demand. This union position includes competitive benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance, pension, paid vacation, and 11 paid holidays.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (includes the following, and other duties as assigned):
* Reads and interprets blueprints and plans to determine requirements, measurements and allowable tolerances.
* Understands and performs some of the set-ups required on the production equipment and machinery.
* Fits and installs heli-coils, pins, bearings, screws, washers and other parts.
* Hand cleans, sands to remove burrs, trims, taps, straightens, and bonds using a variety of machinery to alter shape.
* Degreases parts by placing product in parts washer.
* Loads, unloads product in vibratory, trims die casting products, using arbor presses, crank punch presses and hydraulic presses.
* Operates micrometers, dial and digital calipers, dial indicators, veneer and thread gages, go/no-go pins, hand held sanders, grinders, drills and taps.
* Visually inspects surfaces for flaws and smoothness and makes adjustments accordingly.
* Wraps, packs, and labels product for final shipment.
* Sweeps area, cleans and washes equipment.
* Attends Quality Manual Standards Training and applies Quality Standards accordingly.
* Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
* Reports consistently to work and is on time. Able to work an eight hour shift and overtime when necessary.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
COMPETENCIES (to perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies):
* Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
* Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
* Quality - Displays understanding of PECO's Quality Policy; is thorough, accurate and carefully attends to detail; completes tasks and responds to issues in a timely manner; delivers results and manages projects according to established timelines; completes tasks according to standards; seeks ways to exceed standards and improve work quality.
* Quantity - Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
* Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below each are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Two years of related experience and/or training preferred.
* Good communication skills and ability to effectively work in teams.
* Ability to obtain forklift license.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Astronics-PECO is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.