3 months ago
Collins Aerospace is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Created in 2018 by bringing together Rockwell Collins and UTC Aerospace Systems, Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
At Collins Aerospace, our Interiors team is focused on innovation, safety and cost efficiency. But we don’t just get people from point A to point B. We’re committed to making air travel more comfortable, connected and secure. As a leader in aviation interior products and services, we’re helping airlines and original equipment manufacturers create a positive experience for their customers. With offices and manufacturing facilities in more than 12 states across the U.S. and more than 10 countries around the globe, we’re changing the game of aircraft interiors. Are you ready to join our team?
This is a mid-level position that assembles aircraft products under minimal supervision and performs routine and repetitive assembly operations and processes.
* It is expected that the employee performs these and any other activities which may be assigned or which may occur in the normal course of work.
* It is also expected that the employee be available to work hours in excess of 40 per week.
* Under minimal supervision, assembles components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and sub-assemblies, per customer order
* Reads and assembles per standard work or blueprint instructions
* Tracks and receives the required parts for product area. May check stock bins for adequate supplies of sub-assemblies, parts, and fasteners for the particular work order.
* Contacts material handler or lead if shortages exist or incorrect parts are in bins
* Participates in all team stand-ups and uses safe ergonomic practices in performing job
* May pack finished product into designated carton
* Ability to successfully troubleshoot form, fit or function of assembly parts
* May assist in cross training of peers or new hires
* May perform lead tasks in the absence of team lead
* Participates in EHS risk reduction activities
* Adheres to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct
* Looks for ways to eliminate safety hazards and improve the overall safety of the workplace
* Provides continuous improvement ideas in order to support lean and ACE initiatives
* May perform other job duties as required and available for overtime as necessary
* Minimum 2 years relevant mechanical/assembly experience
* Reads and understands English
* Operate hand tools, electrical tools, hand cutters, measuring equipment and light equipment
* Ability to read blue prints
* Intermediate mechanical knowledge
* Basic Computer Skills
* Basic Shop Math Skills
* Experience in installing aircraft fasteners, solid rivets, double action bolts, NAS, MS & AN hardware desired
* Willing to perform any task necessary to ensure the on-time delivery of the product to the customer
* Willing to cross-train and work in all areas of assembly operation
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
* Willing to perform hand and body warm-up exercises to minimize potential for repetitive motion injuries
* Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
* Must be able to work in a standing position up to 8 hours per day
* High School Diploma
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
* Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from the company for more than 1 year
At this time, UTC Aerospace Systems will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.