12 days ago
Location : Location
# of Openings
7 days ago(8/12/2019 9:16 PM)
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic and motivated Production Engineer to join our team in Bloomfield, CT. The Production Engineer will Ensure that all production drawings, process designs and improvements are developed to meet customer requirements, productivity and quality expectations.
Kaman Specialty Bearings & Engineered Products, a division of Kaman Corporation, is a leader in the design and manufacture of high technology mechanical products used in aviation, marine, hydropower and other industrial applications.
Invested in our future together.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Create complex production drawings using Computer Aided Design programs, with a strong emphasis on creating 3D solid models, to meet production expectations of process improvements, productivity, and quality and customer requirements.
* Create manufacturing sequence drawings to industry drafting and tolerance standards.
* Develop work instructions to meet productivity and quality requirements. Conduct complex tolerance studies to ensure manufacturability.
* Provide guidance to support work of technicians. Ensure that productivity and quality standards and measures are met. Communicate information to appropriate departments and individuals. Provide reports, as needed.
* Collaborate with shop floor and manufacturing engineer to ensure process capabilities.
* Maintain clean and safe work environment. Follow safety and environmental procedures and regulations. Report safety and environmental incidents to supervisor.
* Provide a high level of service to all internal and external customers. Contribute to positive teamwork environment.
* Perform other duties as assigned. Accomplish related results as needed.
Associates degree required in related engineering field; Industrial Technology or Mechanical Engineering preferred.
1-3 years of manufacturing engineering/machine shop experience. Proficiency with Computer Aided Design programs is essential.
Skills/Abilities Essential to the Position:
Analytical thinking - Mathematics
Attention to detail - Mechanical ability
Blueprint reading - Organization
Communication (speaking, questioning, listening) - PC skills (Excel, Project Manager, PowerPoint)
Customer focus - Problem solving
Decision making - Results oriented
Dependability - Team oriented
Initiative - Training
Leadership - Writing, documentation
Knowledge Essential to the Position:
* Aerospace manufacturing processes
* Advanced Unigraphics
* ISO procedures
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).