6 months ago
US - CA - Covina
This job description is intended to serve as general guidelines for day to day responsibilities. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their job description from time to time. The extra duties will not be defined, but the goal is for all CHI employees to pitch in and help other departments when help is needed for whatever reason.
• Fabricates, assembles, reworks, and repairs products per the Master Work Instructions (MWI) and VISABILITY Work Order, using precision instruments, hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment as instructed.
• Read and understand work orders, MWI, drawings and related documentation to meet production requirements of products.
• Enters labor in VISABILITY system accurately, closing operations to correct work order quantity completed, clocking time correctly for start, breaks, lunch and end of shift. Works to established standard labor hours to perform assigned operations.
• Fabricates, assembles, reworks, and repairs plastic products, applying knowledge of working characteristics of plastics and bonding techniques, using precision instruments, hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment
• Reads work orders and related documentation to determine methods and sequence of operations and dimensional and finish specifications.
• Lays out cutting lines on plastic materials, such as sheet stock and fiberglass or graphite cloth, following template pattern, blueprints, sketches, or sample part, using measuring and marking instruments.
• Cuts material to size, using shears, knives, cutters, scissors, router, or saw.
• Mixes ingredients, such as resins, catalysts, fillers, accelerators, and colors, according to formulas, manually or using mixer.
• Sets up and operates forming machines and presses, or laminates plastic cloth plastic cloth and resins or impregnated cloth onto layup mold or bonding fixture, to shape parts.
• Wraps bonding fixture or mold in vacuum bagging materials, attaches fittings to mold or fixture, such as vacuum connections, thermocouples, and probes, and exhausts air from vacuum bag to prepare lamination for curing or bonding.
• Operates oven to cure parts.
• Trims, drills, reams, countersinks, grinds, and finishes parts to specifications, using templates, hand tools, and power tools.
• Verifies dimensions of parts, using precision instruments, such as dial indicators, micrometers, and calipers.
• Fits and assembles parts and attaches hardware and fittings, such as brackets and hinges, using clamps, jigs, fixtures, power tools, and fasteners.
• Applies tape, foam, or other type of adhesives to assembly for subsequent bonding in autoclave.
• Repairs and reworks damaged or defective parts and assemblies by lay-up, foaming, cementing, molding, potting, casting, or similar methods per Engineering instructions.
• Ability to read and write in the English Language.
• As this is an entry level position, no work experience is required. However, as noted above, employees are required to perform essential duties satisfactorily with minimal assistance.
• Position requires U.S. Citizenship and ability to lift up to 50lbs.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).