11 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Get on board the UTC Aerospace Operations and Supply Chain team and play a part in managing our innovative products from inception to delivery. Operations and Supply Chain employees have the opportunity to network across our businesses and functions, all while improving the productivity, quality and efficiency of our operations worldwide.
The Component Technician is responsible for performing technical/mechanical/inspection functions pertaining to the aircraft wheel and brake component overhaul process.
* Conducts receiving inspection of in-coming assemblies/components in accordance with established procedures and technical data.
* Performs disassembly, wash, blast, paint, build-up, pressure test, receiving inspection and final inspection and assembly of aircraft components according to customer's specifications, airworthiness directives, applicable manufacturers' CMM guidelines and operating procedures.
* Manual handling and maneuvering (rolling, lifting) of large aircraft wheels and brakes.
* Maintains proper segregation and identification of components in progress.
* Maintains current knowledge of and complies with customer/Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)/Joint Aviation Administration (JAA) technical data as applicable to the work assigned.
* Performs painting functions including mixing of primer/paint as well as application of primer/paint.
* Performs general shop and equipment maintenance; practices the principles of the Five S's by creating and maintaining a neat, orderly work area; identifies ways to remove non-value added steps from all processes and strives to produce products in the least-waste-way.
* Consistently demonstrates a commitment to continuous process improvement and practices; actively participates and supports process improvement events.
* Looks for ways to eliminate safety hazards and improve the overall safety of the workplace.
* Provides limited training to other Component Technicians, where qualified.
* Performs other duties or responsibilities as assigned.
* This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA's regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
* THIS POSITION DOES NOT OFFER SPONSORSHIP
* Works in a repair and overhaul shop environment.
* Continuous standing and walking.
* Employee will be exposed to hazardous waste and will comply with all Regulatory, State, Local and Corporate requirements for handling hazardous waste.
* 3 months prior manufacturing/production experience and ability to attain required operating certifications.
* Use of basic hand tools including measuring instruments.
* Must have the ability to multitask.
* Requires the ability to read, write, and speak English.
* Must be able to articulate and understand verbal and written instructions.
* Ability to work as a team member.
* Understand component maintenance manuals and all other applicable technical documents.
* Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
* Employees will utilize a lift assist or buddy system if greater than 35 pounds.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.