8 months ago
Production Support Middleware
2 years ago(7/11/2017 9:29 PM)
# of Openings
Atlas Air, Inc
The successful candidate will work with the Development and Operations teams on middleware projects to support internal business units and their business critical applications / products.
* Support a 24 x 7 environment, providing on-call support as needed, with a high degree of responsiveness and sound trouble-shooting methodologies
* Provide production & non-production middleware support for multiple business critical applications
* Support WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ, Business Process Management (BPM), DataPower and related products in production.
* Support over 150 middleware interfaces in WebSphere production.
* Work with various business units, as well as with cross functional teams, to bring new middleware-based applications live
* Write operating procedures, knowledge articles, answers to FAQs, and on-call reports
* Open PMR’s and work with the vendor to troubleshoot product related issues and apply appropriate fix packs. Maintain middleware with appropriate patches.
* Work with the help desk utilizing our ticketing system to provide proper support and escalation procedures for deployed applications.
* Fine tune applications and servers for optimal performance.
* Provide guidance on generating scripts in order to automate tasks or provide batch capabilities for the WebSphere software products
* Assist with the deployment of new middleware interfaces/applications
* Work closely with managed service providers on day to day support
* Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering with five years of work experience as a Systems Administrator.
* Working with application developers to fully utilize built in product functionality
* Very good knowledge of UNIX environments and commands
* Installation, Configuration and scripting skills.
* Understanding of distributed computing
* Experience working with managed service providers
* Experience or knowledge of the following products:
WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ, Business Process Management (BPM), Operations Decision Management (ODM), Application Release Automation (ARA), Infrared 360 or Auto Pilot or BMC Middleware management, IIS, Apache Tomcat, IBM HTTP Server, JBoss
* Understanding of middleware and web server security fundamentals
* In-depth knowledge of HA & DR setup for WebSphere
* Experience with middleware automation is a plus.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and interface with developers, project managers and production support groups
* Ability to multi-task
* Strong customer relationship skills