about 1 year ago
The Manufacturing Supervisor plans, manages, and coordinates manufacturing activities within HAECO Cabin Solutions assigned shops.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Serve as supervisor of assigned staff with responsibilities including interviewing / selection, monitoring of performance / attendance, scheduling, assignment of qualified personnel for tasks, administering of disciplinary action, separation of employment, and assistance in the resolution of employee related issues regarding assigned staff.
2. Plan and review, with the Production Manager, planned work versus actual for previous shift. Create detailed work plans for upcoming shifts.
3. Coordinate with customers, manufacturers, suppliers, and any other agencies to promote, support, and maintain the assigned area.
4. Maintain a working knowledge of the progression of all work in assigned areas and how it interfaces with all skills. Develop and update applicable tracking systems / flowcharts to reflect the progression of work daily.
5. Coordinate with all support groups to help maintain applicable schedule(s).
6. Monitor budget daily to minimize budget overruns and maximize personnel utilization.
7. Review tallied items daily for completion, overruns, parts usage, and close items as required.
8. Maintain all applicable customer and Haeco reports (Daily Status, Weekly Status Reports, etc.)
9. Utilize Epicor software for scheduling, tracking parts, labor, and materials.
10. Assist with identifying manufacturing process improvement utilizing Epicor software.
11. Implement and sustain Aerosystems continuous improvement initiatives.
12. Establish shop goals, assign projects, and evaluate work / documentation for content and conformity with FAA, customer, and HAECO Cabin Solutions standards requirements.
13. Ensure all documentation is accounted for prior to job closure.
14. Coordinate with Quality Control (QC) personnel in the development of production plans. Monitor production status based on the plan and work with QC personnel to identify potential improvements and /or correct discrepancies.
15. Maintain a working knowledge of internal policies / procedures, monitor effectiveness, and make recommendations for improvement when opportunities are identified.
16. Assist the Production Manager in billing the service order within the 5-day goal of kitting parts departure.
17. Maintain employee records for the STEP program and make recommendations for improvement when identified.
18. Monitor and maintain attendance records of assigned crew; auditing and approving weekly work records of assigned work group.
19. Promote a culture of safety by monitoring self and others to assure all work is performed within HAECO safety guidelines.
20. Ensure accountability to conduct themselves within the guidelines of company policies and work rules and regulations.
21. Perform periodic tool box inspections.
1. Minimum two (2) years aerospace industry experience, with at least three (3) years in a manufacturing/production environment.
2. Minimum three (3) years experience in a supervisory role.
3. Must possess good oral, written, and organizational skills.
4. Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
5. Able to accurately read and interpret aircraft technical documents.
6. Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally approximately 5% annually.
7. Must be proficient with computers including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Project.
1. Associates degree with Business or Aviation focus.
2. Previous documented experience in production of Owner / Operator produced parts