9 months ago
Summary of Job Purpose:
Hands on supervisor who coordinates activities of workers engaged in assembling, testing, and inspecting of electrical aviation systems. Supervisor position requires a strong electronics background with the ability to perform and train schematic reading, Soldering, electrical testing and diagnostics. Analyzes manufacturing requirements, reviews production schedules, and assigns work to meet customer demand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* - Oversee and supervise functions of production workers and ensures quality of final product.
* - Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
* - Utilizes lean methodologies to increase efficiency while reducing operational cost
* - Maintains a variety of reports, records and process documentation to reflect schedules, performance, methods, and process procedures.
* - Confers with assigned employees regarding process and materials problems and coordinates with support groups in the resolution of problems affecting schedules.
* - Conducts annual performance reviews while providing constant feedback to the employees.
* - Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job order to workers, and assign duties.
* - Suggest changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
* - Analyzes and resolve work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
* - Review, Edit and Approve timecards for their respective departments
* - Develops or revises standards operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
* - Support the documentation, implementation, and maintenance of the ISO procedures and programs, to ensure successfully sustaining our ISO Certification and continued compliance to the specified requirements.
Education / Experience:
* - Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
* - Three years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment or equivalent experience
* - Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
* - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the
* - International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
Skills and Abilities:
* - Have thorough knowledge in electronics and excellent mechanical skills
* - Supervises 25-50 employees in the Production Department.
* - Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable law.
* - Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; reward and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
* - Experience in supervising production employees.
* - Have a thorough understanding of the manufacturing environment
* - Ability to plan, organize, and schedule production.
* - Should have basic PC skills.
* - Possess excellent communications skills in both verbal and written to communicate effectively with Company and Customer.
Physical Requirements :
* - While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
* - The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
* - The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet in office and can be loud on the production floor.
Specificity of the job
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.