5 months ago
This position is involved in the logistics of supply chain management. Production Services Technicians are the “eyes & ears” of production department supervision to help them make effective decisions.
• Record & communicate production activity including WIP, component issues, & quality data.
• Maintain & communicate work in process (WIP) records including moves, added steps, reallocations, and completions.
• Input & maintain final quality data.
• Assist Production Planning in creating and maintaining WIP jobs and Routings.
• Assist Production Planning in maintenance of job linkages to customer orders.
• Assist with processing decisions on the floor, especially on the off-shift.
• Accomplishes all tasks as appropriate.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school graduate
• Some college a plus
• Assist in creating special use jobs, Routings maintenance, and linking jobs to orders.
• Communicate job status.
• Complete final Quality data input when material is complete and when shipped.
• Add steps to jobs as required for rework or alternate processing.
• Reallocate material to other jobs as necessary.
• Call jobs “complete” when production finished and transfer to inventory.
• Maintain jobs including expected completion dates.
• Attention to details
• Communication skills
• The Company retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS – FREQUENTLY MOVES ABOUT THE PRODUCTION FACILITIES. MUST BE ABLE TO DETECT UNSAFE CONDITIONS FROM LONG DISTANCES. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
WORK ENVIRONMENT – THE PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENT REQUIRES THE EMPLOYEE TO WORK BOTH INSIDE AND OUTSIDE IN HEAT/COLD, WET/HUMID AND DRY/ARID CONDITIONS. FREQUENTLY REQUIRED THE USE OF PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT TO PREVENT EXPOSURE TO HAZARDOUS MATERIALS. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ENABLE INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.