6 months ago
StandardAero Component Services Winnipeg is looking for a Production Planner to support Helicopter Reworks (Cycle 2) operations. The successful candidate will translate customer orders into a work schedule involving several sequential operations. Controls various production factors to ensure balanced and leveled loads; appropriate utilization of available capacity (labour, tools and equipment); and bottleneck management, allowing for a controlled flow of approved materiel to meet delivery requirements.
- Analyzes production specifications to determine process flows/routings, labour and materiel requirements.
- Plans and schedules workflow according to previously established sequences and lead times.
- Coordinates, monitors and expedites the movement of parts, supplies and materiel within and between cells/business units to ensure that supplies, materiel and products are shipped and received on schedule.
- Revises and reschedules production to compensate for rush order priorities, materiel shortages, vendors' failure to deliver and/or customer priority changes.
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alters schedules to meet unforeseen conditions.
- Coordinates back-ordered parts list to expedite and secure shipping dates.
- Acts as a liaison between production, purchasing, shipping, receiving and management to procure materiel and ensure a smooth flow of production.
- Advises management of the status of work in progress, materiel availability and routine production problems to ensure that personnel, equipment, materiel and services are provided as needed.
- Prepares and maintains various reports on the progress of work, materiel used, rates of production and other production information, using manual or computerized systems.
- Performs materiel handling functions.
- Identifies and initiates improvements to production process flows.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out special projects as assigned.
- Good planning, organizational, analytical, decision making, interpersonal, negotiation, oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge of production management computer systems.
- Working knowledge of PC's in the current company operating system environment.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Enrolled in APICS, CPIM, or equivalent program would be an asset.
- Qualifications and/or experience with lean manufacturing principles is an asset.
- Several years of experience in production planning and scheduling.