7 days ago
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
We are searching for a Production Planner for our Power Distribution - Anaheim location.
In this role, you will operate under moderate supervision of the Master Scheduler. You will be responsible for the proper use and functioning of the mainframe ERP manufacturing planning system. This includes MRP, production work order release, material allocations, BOM’s, capacity and load planning, and project and Work Center schedule execution. Minimal supervision of daily activities will be required with independent judgment relative to work activities expected.
* Reviews the MRP (Material Requirements Planning) reports daily, validates the output for accuracy and initiates corrective action for discrepant issues.
* Interface with Purchasing to resolve due date and shortage issues prior to work order release.
* Reviews MRP and Reports Net reports daily for actions. Reports to include the MRP exception message report, Allocation of Excess Inventory report, Open Work Order report, Work Center labor and dispatch report, and Project Shortage report.
* Manages the work order process to include revision control, material availability, work order release, start and completion date maintenance, material allocation changes, Work Center labor requirements, material and labor variance analysis, and released BOM’s and routers.
* Assist Work Centers in dispatch report management and execution, work order prioritization and schedule management.
* Assist in generating production schedules and Work Center capacity load schedules.
* Notify the Master Scheduler when available resources do not support the production plan (MPS) or meeting the contract date is at risk.
* Manage and execute project production schedules to meet the Master Schedule and contract delivery dates
* Performs other duties as assigned by Management.
* Associate's degree (A. A.) from a two-year college/ technical school desired. Must have 3-5 years related experience and/or training in Production Control and Inventory Management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* APICS / CPIM certification preferred.
* Minimum (3) three years experience in production planning in an environment producing electro/mechanical products for the military.
* Must have basic knowledge of blueprint readings and interpretation of documentation used in the fabrication and production of electromechanical products. Should have rudimentary knowledge of the processes and procedures required to fabricate, wire and assemble electromechanical sub assemblies, assemblies, and systems.
* Must have a complete understanding of ERP Manufacturing Planning Systems primarily MRP (Material Requirements Planning) and MRP-II (Manufacturing Resource Planning). Experience and understanding of requirements in the requisitioning, purchasing, stocking, control and issuance of inventory.
Capable of generating moderately complex spreadsheets and reports utilizing: Microsoft Excel (pivot tables) and Microsoft Word.
Must be computer literate and possess the acumen to quickly learn the ERP Manufacturing Planning system as it relates to Production Control and Inventory Management.
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance.
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
Jan 9, 2019, 9:07:14 PM